2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Taylors Ginseng

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 8 months ago #10677

Nice web site Billy, I'm Glad to see the \"hunting wild ginseng\" forum starting to fire up. Planning on digging a little this fall, but am still leaving several of my known spots alone again this fall. Just trying to see how much I can get growing in a couple of these areas just by not digging and planting berries.

I planted just a little stratified seed last fall, but had poor germination. Some sprouted, but many did not. I'm not sure if it was problems with the seed, or just because it was so darn dry around here last fall. I'll probably plant just a little more this fall (Although I will be getting them from a different source).

I'm really starting to look foreward to hunting and digging a little this fall. Keep the posts coming guys.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 8 months ago #10745

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hey 5,thanks man.

It is always good to hear from you my friend

I am sure that as you let those areas grow and mature you will be highly pleased with the outcome I know that there is areas that I only visit once every 3rd to 4th season and I am always happy that I do it that way it is never a let down to let your seng mature and cast off many off spring.I do sometimes have to transplant some of the 2 year olds because they bunch up so especialy in a flat or over a berm area,but I love doing things like that any way :) ........

I hope that while you wait you find a new area that blesses you exstreamly as a good steward you deserve that reward.I hope to see some beautifull tops and roots granted to a man that respects what he loves,,,and I do believe that the good Lord rewards a good steward always have.

Billy.

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 7 months ago #11288

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Hey Guys/Gals I have about completed the website for now and wanted to ask a few of you all to go back to the site and give me your opinion of how it looks and maybe some ideas on adding something etc to the site I have thought out :)

Thanks,
Billy.

www.taylorsginseng.com

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 7 months ago #11298

Hey Billy.
I'm sending you an email right now through your contact form on your website. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Lee

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 7 months ago #11311

Great site Billy!

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 7 months ago #11317

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
UKFan1996 - I got it and sent you a reply

Anna - Thanks :)

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 7 months ago #11320

Billy wrote:

Thats right Tn

And remember the study that I did when I left the near ripe berries on the stalk to see if they would continue to turn and fall and they did.It is very true that if the berries are only a couple weeks from turning red and you plant all the red berrys and leave the green ones in the pod and stand the stalk back up in the hole that they will finish turning red I tryed that and it is true.The berries will if they are full in the pod only,,not baby green berries but from around August 15 this will work on all green berries I have studyed this,

Billy.

I've been doing that for years and it does work. Sometimes if the root has a small feeder root at the top of the neck next to the bud I'll cut this off and replant it. I don't know how well that works but you really haven't lost anything.

rootman

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 7 months ago #11422

enjoyed lookin at your website billy, even my boys liked the pics and vids

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 7 months ago #11423

very nice, my old friend ..

Re:Taylors Ginseng 12 years 7 months ago #11427

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Rootman tha is a good idea,I am going to try that with a bunch and see if a top comes up and I do think it will,and as you said it is not a bad loss to try,it is interesting.

greenupcountydigger thanks I am sure glad that the boys liked them also.

Chieftain thanks man it is good to see you coming in,its about that time aint it :)

Its About Time For The

!!! SeNg FaCtOr !!!

Brother I am seriously greiving to dig a big old beautiful Mountian 4 Fork its wearing me out LoL.....

Billy.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 289 guests and no members online

Login