2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Very Green

Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10918

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I took a short stroll at a favorite spot that I get to go to this season as it rested the past year I took a few photos to share with you of these wild tops.

The berries are maturing a little slower than I exspected them to ,most berries are still b.b. sized than plump,very odd with the amount of rain that we have had,however this is a very green moist area so maybe the less moist areas will be fuller I will check that out next weekend...

Anyway here are the prettys I will harvest these later they are all mature and ready....I didnt go far into the area,but it is ready for harvest I will tell you that :)

Billy.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10919

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Attachments:

Re:Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10920

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
!!! woot woot !!! the fullest pod here

Attachments:

Re:Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10921

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Alot of the drains in the Mountians flooded with water this year we had some flooding
Some ginseng nearly washed out of the ground I transplanted it and it has survived just fine I think I will let him produce a few years the root is about 1 & 1/2 ounces and is only around 10 years old a beauty glad I found it.

I am going to nickname this plant surviver :)

Billy.
Attachments:

Re:Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10928

Bill

Thats a nice plant for being in a pot.Now that you saved it and named it you'll have that one for along time.........

Re:Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10952

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks Frank

But it didnt grow in that pot,I only used that pot to remove it from a wash out from high waters and then took a photo as I thought it looked nice in that pot lol,but then immediatly I replanted it in a safe area a few yards from the wash out area, I will keep this one for along time still if no one gets lucky and finds this spot because he is doing to good to deprive him of his needed time to become exstreamly nice and rare.

Billy.

Re:Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10953

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Picture no# 3 will be a very very nice bunch I have never saw that plant untill this year I believe that plant to have been dorment 3 different digging seasons that I was in that area and maybe up when it was my off years,but not when I was there I pass the area every trip,,ginseng never fails to amaze me,I can not wait to see that root.

Re:Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10955

I checked an area last week and there has been 3 pretty good ones under a blow down that I have been watching and all three are dormant. Makes you wonder just how old some of these roots really are.

Re:Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10956

I notice this on certain patches as well. I can't make my mind up if they are dormant or fall to predation early in the season. I have noticed this year that some fours went backwards to threes and threes went to twos. I guess maybe It's due to last year's dry season is the only thing I can come up with.

Hillhopper

Re:Very Green 12 years 8 months ago #10963

Hillhopper wrote:

I notice this on certain patches as well. I can't make my mind up if they are dormant or fall to predation early in the season. I have noticed this year that some fours went backwards to threes and threes went to twos. I guess maybe It's due to last year's dry season is the only thing I can come up with.

Hillhopper

Hillhopper, I think you may be right on all these points. I believe plants are dormant some years, and also that many get munched on by critters. I also have seen plants regress. I think that a drought could definately cause this, but other changes in environment could also have this effect.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 567 guests and no members online

Login