2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: getting excited now boys!

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11388

its two plants..stems anyway ,bet there only one root..atleast the early diggers in your spot left the little ones..here they would have dug them all..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11492

3 weeks from today. Starting to get that itch:woohoo:
Time has been dragging lately, but I'm sure it will speed up Sept. 1st.;)

Billy wrote:

Thx for sharing 5 it is getting closer.

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11493

Time has been dragging lately, but I'm sure it will speed up Sept. 1st.
...i heard that,,scouted another woods today..looked most excellent..didn't see a single plant....

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11494

Our season opens Aug 15 here in TN.

That is this coming Monday and I took a Vacation day from work :-)

Hope I can find a few with red berries.

Last year on opening day they were about half green/half red.

TNhunter

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11497

Found a grand total of 3 red berries while out scouting last sunday. I don't imagine a lot more will be red by monday (at least full pods), but looking good for Ohio's opener of Sept. 1st. Good luck TN!

Chief, New spot you checked out today, or someone wipe out an old one?

Attachments:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11501

5,have you guys had plenty of rain or has it been dry there all summer.............

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11502

Chief, I'll tell you what man. It's been extremely hot this summer, but I've been blessed with some nice timely rains all summer. When I was out scouting last sunday I found 3 ripe berries and when getting them burried thought to myself that I never remember the ground being that moist in August. Of course it had rained the day before so I'm sure that made a difference.

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11510

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hey guys it is September 1st for me now the agriculture dep changed our season from Aug 15th up to Sept: 1st I know that I am excited as most all of my first hunt will be totaly red berries im pumped because usaly by Sep: 1st there all red,that was a great Idea.....

Lord Lord Lord I wanta go senging :)

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11581

Billy wrote:

Hey guys it is September 1st for me now the agricukture dep changed our season from Aug 15th up to Sept: 1st I know I excited as most all of my first hunt will be totaly red berries im pumped because usaly by Sep: 1st there all red,that was a great Idea.....

I hear ya man! I'm starting to get the shakes LOL. Heading out tomorrow just to plant berries (If I can find some red ones). Pretty sure quite a few will be turning as I found 3 red ones a week ago. One of a few areas that I'm really trying to get built up and growing large patches of ginseng.:ohmy:

Re:getting excited now boys! 12 years 8 months ago #11582

Billy wrote:

Hey guys it is September 1st for me now the agricukture dep changed our season from Aug 15th up to Sept: 1st I know I excited as most all of my first hunt will be totaly red berries im pumped because usaly by Sep: 1st there all red,that was a great Idea.....

Hey Billy,
I've noticed wild simulated plants from bought seed,the berries always turn red before the truly wild plants but I agree most seed on the wild plants will turn by Sept 1st.

Here is a thought for everyone. How long would it take to dig a lb. of dry seng ( wild simulated } plants maybe a step apart and say 300 plants to the lb.?

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 648 guests and no members online

Login