2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Lotta Small Stuff...

Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11963

• BeastMaster
  • BeastMaster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Get Rich Growing 'Seng in Your Own Woods !
Noticing a lot of small 2 prongs and even small 3 prongers this time around. GPS ing and planning for the opener and it don't look good. Yeah, I know a 2 prong can be 20 yrs. old, but, the law says 3 prongers or better w/ berries. Some 3 prongers, the stem isn't very thick and the whole plant isn't 6\" off the ground. Found ONE that was maybe a foot tall. Bad dry here too. Very bad.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11968

BM

Where you from?

Nice yote.....seng is something to do in between Trapping seasons..;)...

Re:Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11969

nice yote ,double on the adc line this year.... ....set of doubles from last years line...

Re:Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11972

• BeastMaster
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
yeah, 'coon dbls. are common, esp. kits. I got a 30\" and 31\" in the same 220 body trap once. both by the neck. Got pics of it too. As it shows in my profile...I'm a Hoosier.

Re:Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11973

I'am just west of Terra Haute about 50 miles...been a trapper and coonhunter for 40+ years...and a bowhunter for 37..welcome to the website....

Re:Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11974

BM...

Welcome....Didn't mean to be rude.......

Tryng to get my permission for trapping and seng beds in at the same time..LOL not work'n to well.Seng has to be first.Got seed comming next week..OOP's I for got the honey do list too...:silly:

Re:Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11975

BeastMaster,

Welcome to the board - from a old (used to be) trapper in TN.

Our fur prices are so low now days down here I don't even bother to trap em anymore.

Below is a old pic from our trapping hay days... 1987.

We used to hit the river on weekend and come home with hauls like the one below (2 day/night run). On the first day we would get out around 150 traps, and run them the next morning and reset, then set about 100 more the rest of that day, then pull it all up and come home the next. Usually got 40+ coons, rats, mink, occasionaly bobcat and fox.

Had lots of doubles, triples on the river, and one quad that I can rembmer, never 5 (within sight of each other though).

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11980

I sold my coons and rats at auction last year.I averaged $15.35 for the coons and $7.55 for the rats...hope the up turn in market continues

Re:Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11981

TN

Nice catch....I see you got some of those hard to catch silver mink..:woohoo:

Chief

NAFA last sale M-rats avg over 10 dollars...The fur to chase IMO will be M-rats,mink and red fox.Just hope we don't have another fur crash like in 1987.The worlds economy is a roller coaster at best now.Only time will tell.With Russia and China being the biggest buyers now,we maybe be ok.

Re:Lotta Small Stuff... 12 years 7 months ago #11986

• BeastMaster
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I saw rats selling for $9 in the country (country buyers) in 1976. The fur mkt. is dead.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 544 guests and no members online

Login