2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 11 oz today - two double top's found (gnarley roots).

Re:11 oz today - two double top's found (gnarley roots). 12 years 7 months ago #12196

Im ready to dig ..good luck to you Triton ..there are acorns here but not much of any other kind of nuts,,no hickory or pig nuts..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:11 oz today - two double top's found (gnarley roots). 12 years 7 months ago #12203

I think that tn hunter is right that a lot of the stuff that deer like really well is drying out and anything that is green and tender like ginseng or alot of other plants are getting browsed but maybe that will make for a good root someday because if they cant see it people cant dig it. I need a gps to mark plants with my mental markers will work as long as the tops are still attached you cant remember every plant but im sure i missed a couple when i first spotted them.

I have found a couple double stemmed plants before my grandpa found an absolute giant root one time and it had four. The ginseng plant always amazes me. I think the giant root that everyone knows is swaying in the wind is what drives them to keep going out I know it is what I dream about when I put my snake leggins on. Good find tn hunter good luck everyone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Who's Online

We have 356 guests and no members online

Login