2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Got soaked but a great day!!

Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12324

I don't think I have ever been this wet hunting Seng ever. Rained off and on all morning and a lot of the rain was very heavy with lighting. Went to a new spot today that looked great, but no seng. Maybe heavily hunted and picked out, because it looked like it should be crawling with the stuff. After the rain let up we starting finding them in another spot. Several nice PA 4 prongers. My Dad and I planted a lot of berries and dug about 8 roots to plant at home. I wont show any pictures of the roots we dug, even though they were nice. They just don't compare to what the men in KY dig. Here are a couple of the nice 4 prongs. Just great being out there and finding some today
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12325

Nice 4 prong lying on its side
Attachments:

Re:Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12327

We might not have the biggest roots here in PA, but I would argue that we have some of the best looking plants anywhere
Attachments:

Re:Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12330

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats man those are very nice plants just nice

Billy.

Re:Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12336

SWPASeng,

Nice looking Seng plants there - love to see those red berries.

Now you got to show a few of those PA roots.

Don't let those KY boys scare you off with those monster roots they find. All seng roots are special large or small. I expecially find em special that have long curls no matter what the root size is.

Good luck to you !

TNhunter

Re:Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12341

SWPAseng

Those are some nice looking plants......Those roots coming out of KY are just down right absurd!!!:laugh:....I enjoy looking at the tops as much as the roots, so keep them pics coming.

Congrats on your hunt!

SengNveins

Re:Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12342

little rain never hurt nobody,,congrats...SWPA.

Re:Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12418

Very nice lookin plants, The roots I get don't compare in size to some of them big ole KY roots either, but I'm still proud of them. I guess you got some of the rain that I got yesterday too! I was soaked thru and thru.

Re:Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12425

Sw

You guys got more rain than us this summer.Plants still look good.All burned up in NW..pa..

Congrats...Frank

Re:Got soaked but a great day!! 12 years 7 months ago #12428

SWPAseng
Nice looking PA Seng !!!!!! Looks just like Eastern Ohio Seng that I find. Very pretty pointed oval leaf shape and nice berries. I think southern seng is beautiful too with the elongated leaves and large plant tops. There is no mistaking the difference when distinguishing Northern seng verses Southern seng plant tops. Both are so beautiful !!!!
Latt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 331 guests and no members online

Login