2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: not scratching our heads as much

not scratching our heads as much 12 years 7 months ago #12355

Thanks again guys for the advice. We did what you said to do and it really worked out. You were right when you said to look and look again. But when we figured out the certain colors, it was like wow this is great. We also paid attention to what the young ones look like. When you first told us to look for the young ones, it was kinda hard because the pics on the internet and ones in the woods are not quite so easy to newbies, but we're getting there. Can't wait until the morning, it's going to be a great day. Thanks again and take care.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:not scratching our heads as much 12 years 7 months ago #12358

and dont forget in the fall they will change colors just like other plants and trees. one thing that stand out in the fall when the leaves are yellow is the paper thin leaves. stem will fall off easy too so be careful to find the neck

Re:not scratching our heads as much 12 years 7 months ago #12379

If any of the advice I gave was helpful then your very welcome. As you are new to this I will also offer this additional advice. Be a good steward. By this I mean that you should always take the time to plant the berries of the plants you harvest, and even the ripe berries from younger plants that you don't dig. and don't dig the young ones even if they are producing a couple of berries. If you follow this advice then you will always have some nice mature plants to harvest in future years.:)

Re:not scratching our heads as much 12 years 7 months ago #12394

There is one other thing I have to ask. Not getting my hopes up too high but we did find one that has the body of a man, the legs and torso are perfect, but one arm is shorter than the other, also he has a really ugly face. Is it really worth something. And about replanting the seeds and taking care of them, We wouldn't do anything but. It takes too much time walking the hills to go in and destroy them. Plus we have the fever and it's absolutely the most fun we've had. Thanks everyone.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Who's Online

We have 260 guests and no members online

Login