2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Illinois OPERNER..

Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12434

got in the woods at 6:35 this morning.quit at 12:10..it was 96 degrees when I quit...went to a woods I dug 3 pound in ten years ago..I knew I left several 3 prongers back then..well they grew into harvestable plants..66 oz. today..will have pic.s as soon as I go back and find my camera.had it this morning when I left but couldn't find it when I got back to the truck..my prediction is ,if we dont get rain in the next week ,in my area, it will be over before oct. first..the ground is as hard as concrete .even the buck brush is dying back its so dry..lot of the ground foliage is dried up in the woods..seen seng plants that had shed their berries and the seeds weren't even red...going back to that same woods in the morning ,may dig a little more ,but I'm more interested in finding my 400 dollar camera.good luck all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12442

Chief

Good luck on the camera,thats a bummer.Alot is dying back here also.I think some of us are in for a short season....

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12444

Frank I think your right..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12450

Chief, congrats on an awesome dig this am. Didn't you loose a camera in the woods a couple years ago? guess your going to have to chain it to yourself nest time you take it, or chain it to the house so that you don't take it. :) Just razzing ya man. I hope you find it quick so you have time to find another 60 ounces.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12453

Sounds like you had a great dig this morning, 60 oz.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12463

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
4 Pounds is a great hall my friend you always have a great open day congrats bro:

Hope you find the camera 400 bucks,,shew for sure i hope you find that 1.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12474

thanks men,I just got to tell you ,that good stewardship is the key..like I said I dug three pounds in this woods before,10 years ago...I left a ton of short three prong plants that time...I checked this woods 2 years ago and decided in the near future I would dig somemore there..today I left another ton of mid sized three's I figure in another 3 or 4 years I can go back in and dig another three or four pounds in this same woods..it is truly amazing too me how this plant when properly harvested can keep producing nice plants for the future.it just takes some patience and forget the greed and harvest in an intelligent manner..I feel like I left more plants this time ,than I did ten years ago...getting a little rain at the moment..hope not to late on the rain for the seng...wonder if this rain will make my camera grow..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12487

Cheiftan

Very nice dig indeed.....Those 4lb days are sure ones to remember....We got some rain last night, and it was a long good soaker!....I have 5 more spots to hunt this week and I hope this rain will help it hang on just a little while longer.

Congrats and good luck!

SengNveins

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12495

good news is ,I found 22 oz. today..the bad news is the camera is shot..an inch of rain was more than it could stand...thanks to my garmin I found it..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12519

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats on a good haul Chief wayto go man,but sory to hear the camera got shot...

Billy.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 121 guests and no members online

Login