2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Illinois OPERNER..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13222

you are so right TN. I think I'm done but then again can't quit either...well I 'v established a pattern..gave up on the big woods,,they are mostly gone there.started hunting the small patches I have marked on the gps..today I went to a 6 acre patch of woods..seems like if there is a lot of under growth and brush they have held up better..still all were yellow and falling apart.but not clear gone like in the big timber....19 oz. this morning on a 2 and half hour hunt.........

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13269

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats Chieftain man thats pretty seng rite their :)

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13279

Billy wrote:

Congrats Chieftain man thats pretty seng rite their :)

Yes Sir, nice lookin stuff for sure. You are having a pretty good season Chief. Congrats.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13295

went to a 4 acer woods this morning ..20 oz..left twice that much ..should be a good woods for years to come..if nobody finds it..I tried to dig just some of the nicer 3 and 4 prongers..... ..good quality root..they are talking heavy rain for here..talked to my buddy in Southern ILL. he said it was over down there after today they were getting a hard rain and lots of it......

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13309

....more great looking root. Chief you sure make it look easy out there.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #13310

well 5 ,it sure was easy today in that little flat woods,the rain satarted here about an hour ago..its not a pounding rain yet, so maybe some of those plants will hang on.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13339

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats man you are for sure one of the best :) go chief go ;)

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13356

Rained here all night and rained hard at times..going go back to that 4 acre woods first thing before I hunt today..I know what I left in there so I'am going to check those plants first to see if they held up,,I got my douts they did after the wind and rain from last night...then if its still fit to hunt,I'm going to a 10 acre patch I'v got marked on the gps...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13358

Cheiftain

You remind me of my father.....seems like he never left the house when he did not find over a pound, that just shows you have put your time in and have a true passion for hunting seng and a real good seng eye....Hope you find a sack full everytime you go! Congrats on a great year so far.

SengNveins

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13367

thanks Veins...it becomes an obsession with me ..I never tire of looking for seng and spending time in the hills and hollers..this mornings hunt..went to the 10 acre woods this morning./.lots of under growth..they held up pretty good underneath the brush... rained on me the whole time..now that I got home it quit raining:laugh: ..going to eat and put on dry cloths ..may pull a double shift..found 20 oz. this morning....

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 343 guests and no members online

Login