2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ohio Roots

Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12783

Went out today and scored some real nice roots 1 3/4 pound green weight in total. Not a bad morning and easy diggin' in the soft wet ground. Largest root went 3 oz. Looks like a good start to the season.:cheer:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12784

Congrats on a real nice dig! A 3 ouncer is real good for an Ohio root. - Yeh, I'm not used to diggin in the mud. Been real dry in my part the last couple of years.

Re:Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12785

I am trying to add some pics, we will see if this works.
Attachments:

Re:Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12786

Total haul from today in Ohio.
Attachments:

Re:Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12791

Very nice roots...I am an Ohio digger myself, but never seem to find the quality roots like you have there..What part of the state did you find these roots ???

Re:Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12792

good root congrats..

Re:Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12794

Holy cow Wolf!
Those are some big roots for roots that are not all that old. They do not have that many neck scars or that long of a neck like an old root.
Must be some awesome soil and canopy conditions. I too will ask are you North, South, East or West in Ohio?
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12795

These roots are out of Licking County and all of them came from a 5 acre woodlot. yes, plenty of canopy and great soil conditions. I will say, the more I looked at that big one, it's actually 2 roots, one on top grew around the other one (like its riding the one like a horse:laugh: ).... I dig in this woods about every 3 to 4 years. Nobody looks for seng up here in central ohio. I will be heading to Scioto county next week and the competition gets tougher down there;)

Re:Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12807

Wolf I have hunted on the Licking Count / Muskingum count line back in the day. I am originally from the Dillion Lake area but I used to hunt in the Hanover area and the Toboso area when I ventured towards Licking county. This has been 30 years ago.
Latt

Re:Ohio Roots 12 years 6 months ago #12861

WOW..Nice day..Congrats....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 681 guests and no members online

Login