2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: All done and dried now

Re:Happy armless man root and new pics 12 years 6 months ago #14209

Nice Root!!!

Billy, that comment is too funny! lol
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Happy armless man root and new pics 12 years 6 months ago #14234

Billy wrote:

SengNveins Dont look like the seng creator thought he needed his arms as he was blessed elswhere LoL :laugh: B) B)

Too funny ROFLOL:laugh:

Re:New pics from today 10/5/2011 12 years 6 months ago #14251

Thats to funny guys

Got out for a little while today and found a few....a couple of more hunts and I'm done....its been a good year considering how dry the summer was around here....hope we get some rain next year at the right time.

SengNveins
Attachments:

Re:New pics from today 10/5/2011 12 years 6 months ago #14252

10oz today....pic of some
Attachments:

Re:New pics from today 10/5/2011 12 years 6 months ago #14253

nice root veins..

Re:New pics from today 10/5/2011 12 years 6 months ago #14265

Thanks Cheif....Have you got a chance to do any more sengin'?

SengNveins

Re:New pics from today 10/5/2011 12 years 6 months ago #14269

Nice SNV, your having a pretty good year. With limited areas I kinda have to pace myself at this, but just love when I do get into it or stumble onto a new place :)

Re:New pics from today 10/5/2011 12 years 6 months ago #14270

5prong....I am 40 years old now and until the last few years I mostly(not solely) hunted areas that my father has shown me but he is at that stage where he still hunts but its a little tougher on him on those long exploration trips, so I leave his areas alone so he can still enjoy what he has always loved to do.......I have been putting in alot of miles the last few years in any woods that I can manage to get into(legally).....Nothing charges my batteries quite like getting into some new woods and finding seng that has not been dug in 10 or so years...it does not happen all the time but you just never really know until you get in the woods and go!...I should have about 14lbs with the last few trips I have planned.

SengNveins

Re:New pics from today 10/5/2011 12 years 6 months ago #14272

SNV... I'm 43 and know of quite a few areas, but around these parts a lot of it has just flat been dug out. A good spot in my area you may find about a pound. I have one spot that I can probably get about 2 lbs every 3 years. Thats my old honey hole and she's do next fall.
Last year I only hunted totaly new to me areas and ended up with just under a pound dried. Saw some great looking spots with little or no ginseng. Makes me sad that some guys just over dig, but that's the way it is around here. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people digging a pile of roots, I just wish that they were a little more selective. I leave younger 3 prongs all the time and even occasionally leave some 4prong plants to help seed the area and keep it going. But yeh man I'm with you, Just love it when I can find an area that hasn't seen a digger in ten or more years and the old seng is standing 18 inches tall and big old 4prong plants all over. Oh yeh, that's how the spot was that I've been in the past 2 evenings after work :)

Re:New pics from today 10/5/2011 12 years 6 months ago #14275

5prong.....I have been hunting seng since age 10 and my dad has for 43 years.....we have never needed laws telling us what to dig and what not to dig, as long as I can remember we have always been able to return to the same places(not back to back years) and find seng.....Its just as simple as this dont dig the same spots every year and dont dig anything that has not had a chance to reproduce, and always plant the seed back.....it has worked for us as long as I can remember.....Good luck on finding new places, dont be afraid to look in a spot that does not even have seng appeal, I have been suprised before! Stick your digger in the dirt every chance you get;)

SengNveins

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Who's Online

We have 180 guests and no members online

Login