2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Picture of some found today

Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13924

I just got the ok to hunt this woods and have been looking in it for about 3 different times. I have found about 3-4 pounds wet like this in this picture. They logged it about 4-5 years ago and the itch weeds is about head high. The woods is about a mile long and about 1/2 mile wide. Have not found any in the south end but a lot in the north end. This woods I hunted about 15 years ago and found one in their that I have never seen like it. It was a six prong and then had a set of 3 prong on top of that, with a set of berries as big as a baseball. Most I found today was just starting to turn and some still green, here in central Ill. They are still out there but most are in the weeds and in the banks of creeks. i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/oak222/sept2011.jpg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13927

were you located Digger.I'm 50 miles south of Champagne

Re:Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13928

Not far from you, Kansas

Re:Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13931

I'm 15 miles west of Kansas ,EIU is in my town I.m 5 miles out of town...glad you got a woods you can still find some in ..it finished up here this week and with this wind it went quick.I will post a pic. tomorrow of what most of what the plants look like here now..Talked to Darwin Kirchoffer at Shumway..he is paying 425 a pound..

Re:Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13942

Did you here about a guy that got arrested for digging sang in fox ridge? Found him with over 3 pound . He may have been they that cleaned some of your area, I read that in here. If you see a red olds 4 door [another guy] in that area next year call this number 217 273-0859. That is a game warden # and he or someone will be right there. The Red olds is a guy that is digging early. I talked to them last weekend when I went south of m-ville to dig. They was after a poacher that day and asked me where all the deer stands was that I could remember. I told them and then we got to talking about sang and I asked about the red olds guy and they need our help catching him. He digs all over from effingham to my area and yours too. So if any one sees that car call as he will clean a woods.

Re:Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13945

It's about finished up here in TN as well. Went the other day in some spots it ought to have been and not a sign. I did find a little where some timber had been cut and it was growing amongst a lot of forest grass, the only reason I seen it was due to the grass holding it up though

Hillhopper.

Re:Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13953

we got maybe another week or so here in pike county it's just starting to turn yellow here but up high i think it's about gone

Re:Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13970

illinoisdigger wrote:

Did you here about a guy that got arrested for digging sang in fox ridge? Found him with over 3 pound . He may have been they that cleaned some of your area, I read that in here. If you see a red olds 4 door [another guy] in that area next year call this number 217 273-0859. That is a game warden # and he or someone will be right there. The Red olds is a guy that is digging early. I talked to them last weekend when I went south of m-ville to dig. They was after a poacher that day and asked me where all the deer stands was that I could remember. I told them and then we got to talking about sang and I asked about the red olds guy and they need our help catching him. He digs all over from effingham to my area and yours too. So if any one sees that car call as he will clean a woods.

....thanks digger ,I will keep an eye out ,I ran a guy out of my woods 2 weeks ago..don't know what he was driving,he had slipped in on me from somewhere else..they catch someone every year at fox ridge.

Re:Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13979

Digger heres what most of mine look like now..I left 3 or 4 pounds in this woods for next year.. ...I ain't seen a plant with any green for about 12 days now..not even in the heavy brush....... ....

Re:Picture of some found today 12 years 6 months ago #13996

cheif
I have only found about 3-4 that looks like that. All mine are about 1/3 green and the rest starting to turn and then yellow. Even the small 3`s and 2`s are like I said above. Maybe where I am hunting they got a lot more rain. I know south of town here it is gone, from here to M-ville. But east and a little south still good hunting yet. I will not go to the woods this weekend with the deer hunters but will be back at it Monday for about 4 hours a day. I bring home almost a pound wet every time I go out. My knees can`t take the walkin like I use to. I think It is my age at 57. I haven't found as much this year as last year but only go about half as much time wise.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Who's Online

We have 530 guests and no members online

Login