2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: northern states

northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14124

Does anyone know how the ginseng is holding up plant wise in the northern states like wisconsin , iowa,mich.,new york ,pa.?
We haven't even heard from Indiana?
Just wondering what going on to the north?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14125

Here in Ohio, we expect there to be about another week of digging at best. The plants are turning yellow now and we have had cooler temps and lots of rain. This will bring an end to the digging season.

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14132

Here in New York its pretty much gone. At least where I'am at. Friday till Sunday I found 10 green plants to only 3 on Sunday. Sunday was mostly looking for yellow leaves but wasnt much fun with the maple leaves throwing there camofluage out there for them..

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14149

a friend of mine from Indiana said they had a short season same as us,triton

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14156

Indiana is about done. The plants I found were wilted and yellow yesterday and I believe they were some of the older heartier plants that been hanging on that I didn't notice when they were green:blush: . I believe it will be all gone within another week.

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14164

• BFB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • North Central, WV
WV ... Mountain areas: As of Oct. 1st and 2nd, seedlings down and mostly gone from sight. 2 - 3 year olds down and going down. Matures, a few green, and many yellowing or all yellow. Most matures still standing.

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14403

I'm in Northwestern PA. Last weekend they were all but gone. Only ones I saw were a stem with a crown, no leaves at all. All the rain and cold finished them off.

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14405

A mix of everything here in Northern Ohio. Some just stems, some beaten to the ground and covered with leaves, some yellow, and some standing tall with berries still.

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14536

southern Mn is done as far as I am concerned.I was out on oct 8th finding em by the fuzzy berry balls. a few plants had golden, dried leaves. i sharpened the digger and put it away for next season...thank goodness deer season isn't far off, I need to get back in the woods where i belong

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14540

Here in Maine,

My wild simulated plantings. Seedlings and two year olds have turned yellow and some are laying on the ground. 50% of three and four year olds have turned yellow. And about 20% of five yr olds have started to turn yellow.

Night time temps have been dropping inti the low 40s.

classicfur

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 457 guests and no members online

Login