2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: northern states

Re:northern states 12 years 6 months ago #14549

All But done in eastern Ohio. I'm sure there are areas where you can still find some standing, but the area I was in yesterday was all yellow or just stems. And the way the leaves have been falling yesterday and today they will be burried soon if they aren't already. Switching to hunting mode. a couple of squirrel hunts and then you'll find me hanging off the side of some tree along a deer path for next couple of months :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:northern states 12 years 6 months ago #14556

well it has to come to an end..but i never like when it does..better than last season though for you 5..if i remember right you guys had a short season last year.....

Re:northern states 12 years 6 months ago #14561

Lasted longer than it has in several years Chief. Yes, last year was as short as any I remember. I was finding yellow and wilted plants on sept 1, 2010. I dug about 6 ounces yesterday. Don't believe that I had ever dug past Oct.10th before. :)

Re:northern states 12 years 5 months ago #14997

Every year Ive dug its varied as far as how many,what age, and location of the majority. With that said no matter how dry,wet, or whatever the conditions of the season I have always been able to find seng until Oct 15th. I know for sure thats the date cause the 14th is my dads B-day. Its odd though cause as hard as Ive hunted Ive never found 1 single root after that date!:huh:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 95 guests and no members online

Login