2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Deer Hunting

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15463

this is what happens when you hit a deer at 100kh with your truck, warning the images are messy
guy[img size=480]guy
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15464

Attachments:

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15465

Attachments:

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15466

drive carefully eh!

guy
Attachments:

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15481

That's just fugly! Glad it didn't happen to me!

I have killed 3 deer in the past 7 years with my cars. Expensive!

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15493

...the boy and I took a pair of smokey link deer yesterday morning...

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15501

I have a good one for you.When skinning a deer,tie it by its neck from a strong limb with a good rope. Cut around the neck below the chin, cut front legs off at knees, back legs where you usually do.cut the hide down the center of the breast just to the middle of the front legs.Then cut the hide down on the back of the neck to where you can get a pool ball or rock in the the folded hide. Tie a rope around the ball or rock (enveloped in the hide) and hook it to you truck or 4 wheeler and take off. Doesn't take much pressure! And You have a very no hair deer in a short time.;)

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15506

great tip thanks,you ever use a air compressor to blow the hide away from the meat, it works really well too.

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15508

Never seen that one! Use to blow snapping turtles up like that before I got my shoe maker pliers. How is it done?

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 4 months ago #15718

Hey Guys

Just wanted to share a photo of a huge buck that came into my taxidermy shop last week.

This deer shot by Larry Violett Jr weighed 281 lbs field dressed. He told me that at the meat cutters, they pulled the hide off, cut the head off and removed the legs at the knees and it still weighed 232 lbs.

I usually have about 6-8 every year that weigh between 200 and 220, but this is by far the largest deer that has come into my shop.

Larry is 6'3\" tall and said they had to tie the back legs up to the antlers to get the feet off the ground for weighing it.

It's only a 8 pointer, but heavy mass.

classicfur
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 631 guests and no members online

Login