2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng Season Open In Ky

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2297

She's a beauty Billie!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2305

hey billy she is a pretty little girl mybe she want turn out like mine and be a girly girl ,i hate snake i cant belive you have the nerve to fool with them ,they just makeme shake and then i cant do nothing but look for snakes all day i dont mind the non poisness 1 but these big head rattlers and coppers scare the crap out of ,me be i wouldnt be as scared if i would team up with guys like you did ? i dont have freind that has enough blls to even go sang hunting let alone snake hunting i did run across a big timber 1 time and killed him 15 buttons on him but i was scared not to .i coonhunt all in that area and if i would have left him you would never got me back in the woods at night again i was suprised how powerful and strong the snake was he just abought got me 1 time and then i finished him . i cant stand chaps around my legs so all i pray for is to them before they see me when sang hunting now i have been up in the cherokee national forest and see so many bear sign i have becareful now and not run across those guys to ???????????/ the odds are stacked but im still SANG HUNTING goodluck billy p,s billy i heard that rattler will come out of there dens in early spring and warm and the guy said they could be many laying around that den warming up is that true and have you ever seen that i would have a heart attack i geuss
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2360

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
5 she is my Grand Daughter,

Maya thanks

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2362

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Coondog I hear ya man I have alot of friends that are scared to death of the Timber Rattlers and I perfectly understand that.I was once scared of them and if I am startled by one it will still scare me,I realy practise making sure if one is around that I see it first,take no chances when in the timbers home thats for sure..........

To answer your question that is very true when it first turns warmer they will come out from the dens and stir a little close to the den,and continue a short time untill they head out for mating in rocky places,after that phase they go to the wooded areas and catch ground squirrels,and other sutch animals and faten up,then return again to the den area to prepare for winter over and over untill they die,they realy do live a prety simple life,usaly we will not see a rattler unless it is a very dry year and then they do come low and thats when you see them hit on the roads etc,or when we go to there area to catch one,or release some.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2491

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
!! WaRnInG sEnG fAcToR dAy !! Hey guys I finaly had a realy good hunt,,3 pound 1 ounce it sure felt good to see harvestable tops standing all around me :) [
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2492

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Here is something that I think you guys will agree with me on.This is a 2 prong,no steams where missing,none eating etc,it was a 2 prong it stood 13 inches high and had 7 leaves on one
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2493

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
I noticed in a few posts that alot of you all have saw mostly yellow/golden leaves in your areas
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2494

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Last but not least a very nice bunch indeed love those big red pods :) http[img size=512]http
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2501

seng factor was on ,way to go Billy..nice bunch of root..i wouldn't blame anybody for digging a 2 pronger like that ,great plant..glad your's are staying green...ours are turning and going quick..

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2505

Great hunt and super pics Billy! I'm done up here. I love those big 4-prongs with 6 or seven leaves on each stem. Thanx for sharing with us.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 119 guests and no members online

Login