2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng Season Open In Ky

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1824

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Bowhog thanks for sharing those pictures that is very prety ginseng.I love the thickness of those ginseng tops and the seeds are plentyfull in the pods.You have some very nice seng growing over there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1825

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Maya,
I completly agree with you on the choice you made,it is rite and well thought out.In the places that I have already been since opening day there are sevral bunches of harvestable seng still standing :)I will not return for those I will let them fall because it will leave some nice ones for next season or after that,but if it had been like yours was and hardly any ready then I would have returned also because there would still be plenty.I hope you dig some whopers when you return maya g/l.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1826

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Hey guys this is my favorite Senging Buddy my son with his first 4 prong of the season it weighed a little better than 1 ounce,he was tickled so good.

His name is Caleb and hes 10 this year,man that boy was born with a eye for seng it seems,he normaly digs 15 bunches and up to around 30 on a good trip. []
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1831

• jeff cochran
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
nice

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1832

yes sir,nice one..

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1834

i like finding them like that the weight adds up quick plus its great to see the big boys keep you wanting to go back for more good luck in the future my you find more there next yr

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1851

Awesome pic Billie and Caleb! Good luck!

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1857

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks guys It sure is fun.I know alot of the guys havent got to start yet,so I wish you all the best of luck this season,remember to thank the good Lord for his bountiful blessings upon us :)

I will be working alot the next few days,but I will post some more stuff l8er on the Lords will.

Billy.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1881

Hey Billy missed work yesterday and decided i would go for a little while. I went on our own land. It has been senged hard. So i went in knowing i would find little or nothing at all. Well to my surprise i fount a monster, one of my biggest so far. I also fount some pretty nice three and four prongs. it was all pretty seng with decent size but compared to the biggest they all look little. Each root shows at least fifteen years of age. On the big one i am guessing at least fifty to seventy years old. Its almost a man root it has two legs and a head but no arms. On the way off the hill i ran into a monster patch of yellow root i dug two and a half pounds out of it. I left probably two hundred little bunches in the patch. When i got done with that patch i fount one more down the hill from it with all big mature bunches in it. I was in a hurry so i didn't get to get it, but i will be back. Well enough with the talk here are the pics. Oh and by the way the big root weighed just over 2 ounces and if any one is interested it is for sell.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1884

having problems with the pics everyone hold on i am working on it

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 338 guests and no members online

Login