2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng Season Open In Ky

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1939

Hey guys i hate to keep posting pics of that root but the little man wanted his pic with it put on here. He told me to tell everyone he fount it. I hope he is a future seng hunter. Well anyways here he is.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1940

nice pic of the boy and the root. i got out in the woods for the first time to dig. i found two 3 prongs. it was raining but it was nice,didnt see any snakes and i was very happy about that. i took my phone with me for the GPS.I found 5 or 6 small plants at the bottom of the hill.after about an hour i got up to the snag. man it was so Quite in the woods with the leaves being wet. i was diging the two plants up and my phone went off and i almost jumped out of my skin.I can not stand SNAKES. I had a great time I would like to think you all for all the help. today was my first time to dig seng. I got a pic of my first root. im going to replant in my back yard and hope it comes up next year.

o and my wife spent my $100 billy lol
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1944

o and this is my pride and joy!
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1980

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hey Hillbilly I am up to a hunt together man that would be fun......

I sure love the big root that is an awsome bunch of seng rite there for sure,and o yea it is worthy of big ben :)

Ha ha I dont blame the little man for wanting to clame that root lol..it is a nice one,very..

Bowhog congrats on your find,and that young man is something to be proud of forsure.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1981

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Ok Guys I got to go back this weekend and found some great seng,we had a great time....
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1983

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys this is my oldest son L.Bill ( hes 20 now )and he is showing off a big grin because of this very sweet find :)
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #1984

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
OlD YELLER LOL,
I have never found a big yellow this time of season its way to early,it was odd because this was in a very shady area,had good cover and moist soil,but still there it was,I love
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2001

Great looking tops Billy That young Billy looks happy. I bet it sure makes u feel good hes out hunting seng with u and not out their in trouble. Anyways keep up the good work and drop me an email on the seng trip. I've got to go all i can before october thats when fire season kicks up for me.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2008

Billy do you find many tops like that yellow one where you live?

I was just noticing that it has a 6th leaflet on each prong.

Seems to be a perfect environment there in your part of eastern KY for ginseng. We have plenty of seng here but a lot of the places it grows are less than ideal conditions.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2010

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Hillbilly I will e-mail you soon and yes I am very glad that my boys like to fish and hunt and seng with me it means so very much to me that they are like that instead of out in trouble and stuff,I give the good Lord thanks for that constantly.

===============================================
UKFan1996

I find around 10 to 25 six and seven leaf plants per season the sixs are nice,but I have never found a seven that has had smaller than a 2 ounce root and on up in weight.

I do find sevral big yellow bunches each year,but not usaly this time of year,it is mostly the last mounth of season when I find them the more often,this one had grown in a nice dark place but was rite in a sunny spot in the middle of all that and therefor turned colors quickly,before it would have.......that usaly occurs in a few plants the first of October here and untill it falls.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Who's Online

We have 227 guests and no members online

Login