2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: my first hunt!

my first hunt! 14 years 7 months ago #1829

Well folks I just got bit by th seng bug this summer. I inherited the family farm and it has about 60 acres of old timber. The forest floor is covered in rattle snake ferns and I have an abundance of hardwoods. My fiance and I are going on our first hunt this fall and I wanted any pointers you old timers or legacies have to offer a green horn like me. Especially on when do the berries turn red here in north west GA, and just what in the world do I do with the roots once I have them. Any nuggets of wisdom are much appreciated.
Bo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:my first hunt! 14 years 7 months ago #1843

First of all, welcome to the board. Secondly, good luck in your seng hunting. I do not know the growing schedule for Georgia but, someone else will chime in who is familiar with it, I am sure. Is the family farm ground posted to keep others out?

Don't get discouraged if you don't find tons of seng. I have some growing on my place but, not great amounts. Just knowing it will grow here has been an encouragement and I have planted some each year the last three/ four years. Some of my first plantings have actually started to produce a few seeds this year. I am excited about it. But, if you do find lots, good for you and have fun. Keep us posted.

Re:my first hunt! 14 years 7 months ago #1849

well bobass i live in cleveland tn all i can tell you is to print you some pic off and take with you but take your time hunting and you will find more there is a dealer in dalton his name is charles white 706-259-8798 leave a message he will call you back i have a nephew who lives in dalton also and he sells to him p.s dont use a brush to clean your roots most of the time a good rinsing is good enough anyway good luck to you, and on this site you can find alot of help if you need it dont dig it all out of cahutta haha

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Who's Online

We have 153 guests and no members online

Login