2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: WNY seng?

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1871

Good find! You can find seng hanging out in odd places. I am told it will grow under the brambles and other brushy areas just waiting for better conditions. Way Cool!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1875

i was standing over when in took the pic but the plant had to be 20inch standing up they was weeds,grass and everything it had to grow through but it made it and i found it yeppyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1879

Very nice. Congrats on the good find!

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1895

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Sweeet :)

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1899

Very nice coondog. good looking root keep up the good work man

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1904

i need help finding a dealer for my sang all the dealers ive talked to this yr dont want to buy my sang dew to it coming from red soil i had one dealer to offer 60.00pd dry is that crazy or what this is wild sang and another is offering 270.00 pd and he is the only one who will buy the red ,so what i am asking can anyone help me find a dealer that will buy this or at least tell me why buyers dont want it ,all the dealers can tell me is that their buyers dont want it ????????????????????????im puzzeld and disapointed i have over 8pds of the red so far this yr all are older roots 3/4 of them will show a growth of 10yrs or more , i dont like being at ones mercy here and he know that i cant find anyone else to buy it so he has me by the b$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ please help

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1906

four prong, I'm looking in western NY Finger Lakes area, specifically Ontario, Yates, and Steuben counties.

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1918

ebrown wrote:

I'd practically give my next born babe to find some wild seng in my neck of the woods! The history of this place has been clearcutting (at least twice) and agriculture for the last few decades. Anybody lookin' here in the Finger Lakes besides me?

Just started hunting this year here in Cny and have found nothing. Talked to lots of hunters who have good luck and they send me in the right direction, but to no avail. Ebrown, I know your frustration. I have found all of the plants from jack in the pulpit to cohosh, but no seng... Maybe it's like snipe hunting!!!!!!

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1920

• grif
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This year I'm trying something different and having good luck at it.I just started using google earth and finding a couple spots on the side of the mountain, that I having seen before and looking around the bluffs. the other day I had ran across this root that had a 4 and a 3 prong but a small root.
Attachments:

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1921

• grif
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 prong
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 108 guests and no members online