2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 40 days!!!!!

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18644

ginsengmaster1 wrote:

ive heard hip high ginseng you can find in cedar thickets any help what be greatful thanks and whats the best place to find patches of ginseng

I don't know about cedar thickets but, these came from a black berry briar thicket ontop of a centuries old coal dump last year. It was a spot maybe 1/4-1/2 acre and the tops were waist high.

Acouple individual roots

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18645

Hunter, those sure are some nice roots and I bet that was really something to see the tops waist high. Sounds like a good place to put out some stratified seeds.

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18648

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Carl it sure it was something nice to read how that you love the time in the Mountians with your Uncle and I pray that the only one who can help him in that sickness does and that he gets to go with you sevral more seasons,maybe this year you and him will find some great ginseng and maybe some rare ginseng I sure hope so.

Maya I hope that you do get another haul like that one I remember when you first posted that photo.

Hunter I looked closely at those photos and that s beautiful ginseng I counted the scares and it seems that the seng is approximatly 10 to 12 years old and the size of those roots lets me know that they loved where they grew and I am in agreement with lenno that is idea for some seed I think you could have a great harvest after as few as 7 years in that soil.

33 days till we get to take the first haul Glory Glory :) ThE sEnG fAcToR :) is kicking in and guys im telling you I have scouted out some good stuff fo the open day this season I truly can not wait

:woohoo: :laugh: :woohoo: ;)

Billy.

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18654

Billy,

God bless you for your kind words. You are truly an inspiration and a blessing to everyone you come in contact with I do believe. I look forward to your videos and photos from this years adventure. Once again thanks very much!!!

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18676

31 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18677

Maya and Hunter,
I remember those pics,amazing ginseng. I agree Billy,I can't wait either. Would love to find some waist high ginseng someday. Thigh high just above the knee is the tallest I have ever found in the past 35 + years. Knee high ain't bad either too. Makes ya wonder thou and I am sure we all dream about finding that ole root deep in an unexplored holler with a plant that is waist high. They are still out there hiding I believe.
Latt

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18687

It's all in the soil. I dug this one last year, small but 60+ years old. The plant wasn't over a foot tal either. Now where I found those big roots they were all BIG, plants and roots. They were also way at the top of a very steep west facing slope!
Attachments:

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18693

30 days!!!

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18721

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
ThE sEnG fAcToR

Re:40 days!!!!! 11 years 7 months ago #18722

15 days!!! Going out for a little scouting hike this morning.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 784 guests and no members online

Login