2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I Am A Adict :(

I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18842

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
They say that if you have a problim it is better to talk about it than it is to deny it so here go`s.

!!! I am Wild Ginseng Hunter !!!

I am addicted to walking through the mountians and beating down stinging needles and water weeds,fighting the bees, going into the briar thickets,watching for snakes but the most horrible thing is swating all those spider webs brrrr,walking around cliffs,sliping and sliding along in areas I reckon I wasent supposed to go and then there is this,

The old ones have asked me what is wrong with you son ?

The wife has said honey are you going to do that again today with a odd sigh kind of a look ?

The kids have said dad where have you been lately ?

And Finaly I have declared to them all !! O.K. !! I Admitt it,

!!! I aM a SeNg AdDiCt !!! I am HoOkEd I cant find a CuRe !!!

!!! Every season I begin to need my FiX !!! and I addmit it I cant get no rest untill I get it !!!

It is almost Septemeber and I am having dreams,I lay awake in bed at night,I see big old 4 forks,with teacups full of red berries bursting in the Pods,I remember countless hollers that are fixed in my mind I remember the creeks and springs of cold cold water and I cant wait to go and climb,go and dig,fall a few times,get stung a few times,get cut up a few times (hey its all apart of it )yea I admit it it is all written in my mind,it is as set,as the end of time,but before the end I sure hope we all get to dig again !!! Oh Lord !! when you come please dont let it be in Septemeber !! but any other time is fine :)

Now tell me all those who ask tell me please what do you think is the cure for my disease ?

The old one spoke up,with the wife and kids and this is what they said...........

Just go on man and forget it there is no cure for this type of addict it is so plain so clear to see that there is no hope for your disease....

So with a bright smile and a twinkle in my eye I am ready to go and I know that you guys no why

It Is

!!! ThE SeNg FaCtOr !!

LoL made up by Billy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18843

Billy,

Actually what you have is a rare disease that has no cure but there is a place to get treatment to sooth the savage beast.

Here is the address: 3 and 4 Prong Road
Steep Hollow Mountain
Ginseng, Country 33444

Re:I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18844

I am with you there Billy...

In addition to your symptoms... I have been looking at the month of September and planning seng hunting trips.

Sept 1 is on a Saturday (nice), Sept 3 Monday is a holiday (of work). My birthday is Sept 3 and we get that off from work too, which means I will get Sept 4 off this year since 3rd is a holiday. I am also taking a vacation day Sept 6...

And it goes on and on like that with several other vacation days planned to get out there and do all of that you mentioned, including the bad stuff (face full of spider webs, ticks, chiggars, poison ivy, rattlers, copperheads, etc...).

I have a good paying job, and get to work from home office, nice and cool and well I take vacation days off work to go seng hunting :-) where I usually make a small fraction of my normal days wages.

Just 22 more days now... Cant wait.

TNhnter

Re:I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18845

Well Said Billy!!!
Glad to know we are not alone in our addiction.

Rootman,
I put that address into my GPS and am on my way, lol

Tn,
I am with you on that wage thing. I think if I divided all the hours I spend hunting sang divided into how much I have sold I probably make about .10 cents an hour sang hunting and wouldn't have it any other way.

Only a few appreciate the finer things in life like spider webs, ticks, chiggars, poison ivy, rattlers, copperheads, etc...).

Like Billy said, many will never understand the call to the woods that keeps us going back. Hitting the woods is the only therapy I know of.

Latt

Re:I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18847

Rootman- LOL

Re:I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18849

I am with ya NOW I have been addicted to the woods my whole life JUST NOW can i have a good reason to WHY i spend so much time just walking in a bunch of trres.!!!!

Re:I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18850

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Rootman thats it LoL I am writing this adress down and as Latt said I got to get it into the g.p.s. :)

Latt you are right no doubght Hitting the woods is the only therapy

Tn I know that you have this disease bad I knew that I wasnt the only one that had visions in me head lol a man sitting around planing vacation days and off days to hit the woods :)

newmanineastTN you remember that we have warned you this is highly addictive and it willl become a addiction very fast but welcome to the train that leads to rootmans adress you need to write that down right away :)

Billy.

Re:I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18857

So sorry to hear that you guys have succumbed to this addiction. It kinda sounds like some of you'all are jonesing real bad right now. I knew that I had a bad case, but it sounds like this disease may be reaching epidemic proportions. I doubt that a cure will ever be found, but hopefully we will all be able to find some relief soon! ;)

Re:I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18859

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Haha 5 we need it lol.

Hey send me a e-mail with your phone no# or text it to me my new phone has the same phone no# I missed your call but I got your message about the deer hunt.I got a new phone and lost alot of my numbers I need to add yours back into this phone.When you called it didnt save the no# probably because the phone was off.

Hugh if you see this I need to get your phone no# back to.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Billy.

Re:I Am A Adict :( 11 years 8 months ago #18861

You know what they say....\" some ginseng a day keeps the Dr away\"....or something like that!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 442 guests and no members online

Login