2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 2012 season has begun!

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 8 months ago #19032

Oh, and by the way, it's 47 degrees up here this morning!!!:woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 8 months ago #19037

Maya....you keep finding roots like the ones in your post and you wont need but about a pound to really cash$$$ in. Good job digging....Keep them pictures coming. All I can do right now is look at the pictures and drool on my keyboard.

SengNveins

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 8 months ago #19052

very nice! I can't take the waiting anymore!

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 8 months ago #19069

Nice finds my friend, and like always great job digging. I don't think that there is anybody that does a better job.

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 8 months ago #19070

5prong wrote:

Nice finds my friend, and like always great job digging. I don't think that there is anybody that does a better job.

Thanks 5! I did mess one up there, but it really was not quite my fault. It was a 3 for one and the one I messed up was the second one.(I didn't know it was there) One top and two that didn't have plants growing this year! One that didn't have a top was the big chewed one. The one I messed up was the one right over it. The one to the right with the two nubs sticking out also had the hair roots chewed off.

I gave my legs a break today. I know there has to be some above where I got these but I have to figure a way to get up there. These were at the base of a 15' cliff. The oldest one was at the top of a pyramid of dirt at the bottom of this rock face, so I'm really hoping to hit it big if I can get up above this cliff.The whole area is very very steep.
Attachments:

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 8 months ago #19093

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Excellent my friend excellent man o man i am bought to flip out wanting to go :)

Billy.

maya wrote:

5prong wrote:

Thanks 5! I did mess one up there, but it really was not quite my fault. It was a 3 for one and the one I messed up was the second one.(I didn't know it was there) One top and two that didn't have plants growing this year! One that didn't have a top was the big chewed one. The one I messed up was the one right over it. The one to the right with the two nubs sticking out also had the hair roots chewed off.

I gave my legs a break today. I know there has to be some above where I got these but I have to figure a way to get up there. These were at the base of a 15' cliff. The oldest one was at the top of a pyramid of dirt at the bottom of this rock face, so I'm really hoping to hit it big if I can get up above this cliff.The whole area is very very steep.

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 8 months ago #19118

Thanks Billy, it won't be long for you my friend. Went out for an hour to put some berries in the ground. It is a new spot that doesn't have a lot of plants. Last year I only dug a few there and yesterday dug two, a 15-18 yo and a 25 yo. Many of the berries had already fallen on the ground! I managed to plant 50- 60 berries.

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 7 months ago #19137

Ok, time to really get your blood boiling! I got out after work yeserday and tried a new spot. Tough to get to so I didn't have much time to dig, but man o man is it loaded! I easily saw 200+ plants. well over 100 3 stemmers, many of which I checked but they were to young, 5-10 yo. This is the only pic I got out there w/ my phone. Oh and I only saw one berry!?!?? Nothing even on the ground.
Attachments:

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 7 months ago #19138

Hopefully I should be able to dig 5-10lbs out of this drainage. This was 1.1 lbs with just 14 roots!
Attachments:

Re:2012 season has begun! 11 years 7 months ago #19139

Here's the \"big boy\" so far! It was hard to weigh because I left that awesome top attached. About 2.5 oz. Look at the diameter of that main stem! Thats what that good ole Vermont black loam will do for you! It was so soft I didn't have to use a digging tool much. I just broke up some roots from other plants on the surface w/ a screw driver, stuck my hands down in the soil and lifterd this big bow out!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 194 guests and no members online

Login