2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alabama diggers?

Alabama diggers? 11 years 7 months ago #19761

Just wondering if there are any Alabama boys on here.It's been a good year so far seng is full of berries and at least a couple weeks b4 yellowing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Alabama diggers? 11 years 7 months ago #19798

I guess I'm the only one?

Re:Alabama diggers? 11 years 7 months ago #19902

Ridgestalker..

You may be the only AL poster on here.

I am from TN myself, and from the southern middle TN area.

Not too far on down to AL from where I live.

I have been posting on here for a few years now and I don't recall anyone posting on a regular basis that was more south than me.

Looking around on youtube I found some ginseng video's posted by a Bama Outdoorsman and he hunts some good looking woods down there and finds some nice ginseng. Below is one of his video's.

Below will get you to a couple other youtube channels for ginseng hunting and growing..

www.youtube.com/yttnhunter (My Channel)
www.youtube.com/ginsenghunter1 (Billy's)

TNhunter

Re:Alabama diggers? 11 years 7 months ago #19928

Thanks I've watched your videos b4 and enjoyed them. Problem I got is there's only one guy in the state that buys. I've sold to him for years but never get the money ya'll are getting. There my be more buyers but every thing I've tried just shows him.

Re:Alabama diggers? 11 years 7 months ago #19949

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Ridgestalker I buy wild ginseng from other states I am a dealer in Ky: Tn: and Va:

I am not a dealer in Al: but I can buy wild ginseng from diggers in Al: if they take there ginseng and have it certified at there Deaprtment of Agreculture you can find out what steps to take in doing this by calling the ginseng cordinator in your state.

Then you can sell it whereever you want to just as long as those papers are with it and as long as the other dealers are willing to buy it.

Hope that helps.

Billy.

States
Ridgestalker wrote:

Thanks I've watched your videos b4 and enjoyed them. Problem I got is there's only one guy in the state that buys. I've sold to him for years but never get the money ya'll are getting. There my be more buyers but every thing I've tried just shows him.

Re:Alabama diggers? 11 years 7 months ago #19956

start with the dept. of ag. they can help you find the right person.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 309 guests and no members online

Login