2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wisconsin Ginseng Hunters

Wisconsin Ginseng Hunters 11 years 6 months ago #19960

Hows everyone doing in wisconsin this year? Not the best for me in norhtern wisconsin. I am finding 5-10 plants a day the last week. The first few weeks i did pretty good.. Most plants are now yellow and ready to fall apart. If i found 15 plants all year with a nice red gob or berries i was lucky.. The drought sure was a factor plus the logging cycles are getting shorter and shorter between cuttings and the sheng stays dormant for years. Our season will be done about two weeks early up here. Leaves are falling quick also. I think i will have around 4 lbs dry.. I have heard buyers started out at $600.00 that is a good sign. I wouldnt be surprised at all if it went up to around $700.00. I bet all the people that hung onto it last year are smiling:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wisconsin Ginseng Hunters 11 years 6 months ago #19972

It was reall bad for me to in wi most of it was brown opening day where i go i did have a vary nice spot that i got about 7 lbs out of 1st day and it was all down then and will the ginseng come back up after logging cuz one of my better spots got logged this year and what part of wi do you dig

Re:Wisconsin Ginseng Hunters 11 years 6 months ago #19974

I am up in florence county wisconsin in the goodman timber. The timber is getting wacked way to much these days. I think its on a 7 year rotation. IT used to be 10 years plus and they used to select cut it not like they wack most of it today. To much sunlight getting in.

Once in a great while you find a big plant in the direct sunlight and it will be green with red coloring on the leaves. But for the most part i think its stays dormant for many years in the ground after logging

we also have to many guys out all summer up here.. Picking in july. Ruining it for my generation of young pickers

Where are you other pickers from in wisconisn?

Re:Wisconsin Ginseng Hunters 11 years 6 months ago #19976

chippewa and lots of logging and i think picking july hear to and one spot that had hundreds of small 2 prong plants got picked this year i seen the plants and holes makes me sick to see

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Who's Online

We have 495 guests and no members online

Login