2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Take a Look

Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20688

Fellows,

Watch this video and tell me your thoughts.
Hugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z9_VVnDti4

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20691

A criminal act in progress on video! Not only is the person violating the Ginseng Laws, they are also violating all moral Laws when it comes to conserving Ginseng for future generations. I don't know if this person is associated with \"cline031\" or if they found or received this video to place on YouTube but I see an Arrest Warrant in progress. This is exactly what gives all Ginseng Diggers a bad name!

Frank

Corrected for the username of the person who posted the video on YouTube!

Re:Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20692

People wonder why ginseng is so hard to find. A prime example why I pull the tops on all ginseng I come across that I am not digging. The worst part is, there is a buyer somewhere that will buy those.

Re:Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20693

I better take some ginseng now. My blood pressure is through the roof after watching that. I posted on his video on youtube too. To honestly think that someone has to think twice about harvesting a one prong. A matchstick would weigh more.:angry:

Re:Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20694

I talked to Hugh on the phone a few minutes ago and informed him that I reported the video to TWRA. The location where the Ginseng was dug may not be in their' jurisdiction but they can forward the info to the appropriate Law Enforcement Agency with the jurisdiction!

Any person that is dumb enough to create and post such a video on YouTube is in fact a YouBoob! :silly: :laugh:

Frank

Re:Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20696

What kind of idiot is this!!! I left a nice comment for him.. :(

Re:Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20697

And Frank, I hope they nail this moron...

Re:Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20700

Not trying to stick up for this guy. So don't get mad at me. Just saying some people have grown up with only their relatives as an teacher for them. Maybe he truely doesn't know much about the rules and the rights of ginseng. maybe someone should invite this guy to the site and give him links to the stewardship of ginseng. Don't call him a moron. I used to dig two prongs years ago because i didn't know any better. Glad i found this site. And remember....I'm just saying this as a possibility.... He could be just a moron who is a poacher and is in it for the money. But maybe he's not. The more People we invite in and educate the more the ginseng population will rise. On another note.... Sad to see not as many posts and all the ginseng dying. Sad time of the year. Was 30 degrees here last night. I'll miss chatting with you all. Until next year friends. Hope you all found plenty of seng and have collected plenty of Christmas money. :)

Re:Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20702

Moron or not but anyone that apparently has a computer and has the time to upload videos to YouTube, also has the time to surf the internet! Surely this person has watched many YouTube videos about harvesting Ginseng which is probably the reason they decided to make their' own video and place it on YouTube. It would be conceivable that this person has heard others on Ginseng harvesting videos talk about the rules to only dig 3 pronged plants or larger, to never dig 2 prongs and flat tops and always plant found red berries in the vicinity of the producing plants. Also, anyone who surfs the interent and digs Ginseng to make money, more than likely has visited these forums and other sites to get information on Ginseng prices and other info. Therefore, it is also conceivable that this person has found, stumbled upon or already knows the Laws and refuses to obey them! In any event, if the person gets arrested and appears before a Judge, pleading ignorance of a Law is a poor defense!

Frank

Re:Take a Look 11 years 5 months ago #20709

bb6149 wrote:

People wonder why ginseng is so hard to find. A prime example why I pull the tops on all ginseng I come across that I am not digging. The worst part is, there is a buyer somewhere that will buy those.

That is the very reason I would like to see the age limit at 10 years instead of 5. Once ginseng is dug and it has 5 neck scars, well then now what? Really true wild ginseng takes about 7 to 8 years to make a 3 prong and then 2 more years to make a decent root and even then I hate to dig it that young.
Of course there always exceptions on this but on average what I'm saying is true.
I'm not talking about bought stratified seed that grows and matures much faster.
Age limit is the key to survival in my opinion.

rootman

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Who's Online

We have 344 guests and no members online

Login