2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: tomorrow

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2114

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats on day 2 Chieftain still a good day even tho it rained on you,you still got a good haul.

Man I wanted to go to one of the rougher places to get 2 that I hunt today.Well I went and just about the time I got there to the seng it satrted raining on me and Johnny.I mean it rained so hard that me and him had to leave,we roughed through it for about 1 hour,but each step we would take seem like the bank pushed back 1 and 1/2 so I just gave up with 5 ounces,:( worst day yet,but only due to weather.Still thank the good Lord for all his blessings :)

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2115

thats about what happen on my hunt ...i did get to stay a little longer than that..but hey a couple hours in the woods still beats all day looking out the window watching it rain....good luck on the next hunt billy ,maybe it will be dryer for us...

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2116

WELL FOLKS IT WAS THE SAME FOR ME TO GOT SOAKED AND FOUND 2 OZ BUT STILL I GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE AS SOON AS I GOT HOME THE SUN CAME OUT SHOULD HAVE KNOWN

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2117

ain't that the way it always works...it will be pouring down rain and i'll call off a load of concrete ..in a hour the sun is out...

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2118

• Purple
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice an dry here. Found just over 2 pounds wet today some decent roots. So far looking real good for the year. I actually think I'll surpass last years find.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2120

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thats great purple/congrats

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2121

well going to try it again today they are saying not mutch rain today i hope so im realy wanting to spend 6,8hrs in the woods .i had such of a good day sat its hard not wanting to do it again i love finding them big mature plants i geuss its like drugs once you find them like that its hard to settle for just a few plants , well anyway all if you get out ,GOODLUCK and have a great day coondog out

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2122

good luck today coondog ,i'm waiting on it to get daylight..got a woods to go to today i had marked on the gps it had some big plants in it...

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2124

Went to a spot today that I found while mushroom hunting this past spring. I could only find 1 4-prong and 3 3-prongs this spring, but i got in there today and dug 27 plants. 3 real nice old 4-prongers. got 13 ounces, pretty good for 27 plants if i say so myself. should have seen it, I didn't even take my bag to put the roots in because I wasnt expecting anything besides 4 plants to be in there. I couldn't hardly believe it, I was finding plants in the exact same area that I was finding some big black morrels this spring. Dont know if I just didn't see them in the spring or if they weren't up yet.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2125

way to go 5...i went to a 7 acer flat woods ,spot number 6 on the gps..all i can say is WOW..dug 4 pounds 14 ounces..had several between 18 and 24 inchs tall and one behemoth at 28 inchs...heres the roots ..some had 2 and 3 and 4 plants growing off the same root..thought i had went to sang heaven.....

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 121 guests and no members online

Login