2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: tomorrow

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2145

Bird,welcome aboard...at the left hand side of this page there is a list of dealers..click on 'more states 'and it has a list of ILL.dealers....i dont know how far south you are but heres a couple I'v used in the past down your way...M-R Napier fur...baldwin Ill.618-785-2945.....turley sang co. greenville ILL.618-664-2871...hope his helps...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2146

Chieftain I really appreciate the help. I actually live in S. Indiana but have obtained an ILL seng liciense so I can hunt across the Wabash. Only thing is I would rather sell ILL seng in ILL so I don't have to go through any red tape basically just want to keep it simple

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2147

I do some fishing and coonhunting over in so.ind..on the white river at washington and hazleton...lots of sang over that way...fish the wabash a lot from terre haute down to mount carmel..good luck..

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2152

didn't get to go root digging today..had a deck to bid today..if they want me to do it they better hurry ,bow season is almost here..

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2153

Yeah thats my neck of the woods Knox Co. I always though bout down in the hazelton area found a couple a few years back only problem is that I don't know any land owners there and them folks down that way plum crazy! they'll shoot ya then ask questions. But yeah that area always looked real good!

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2176

just got back from a 4 hour hunt ,found 2 pounds 2 ounces,,pinched just as many off and left them...strange woods thats for sure..lots of two and three prongers 6 to ten inch tall.the funny thing ,none ,not one single plant had a berry stem on them..i dug about 12 of the ten inch three prongers[had a fairly good stem meeting the ground]then stopped ,just wasn't much of a root on them ..started digging the 12 inch and taller,which there wasn't as many of those and they had harvestable roots.nice and muture..nice loose loamy ground..i just didn't know what to make of it...

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2186

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Chieftain I have found sevral this season with the berry pods just not there,the stem would be in it,but the pod was not in it.It is very odd.I do know that birds and turkey like the berrys,and deer,but even when they find and eat a top usaly the little pod is still there at least partly there.Do you think we have a new berry eater who will just bite the pod that far down ? Im serious it is very odd,first year I ever seen this....

Billy.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2188

billy ,i don't understand it at all..some i'v seen have been eaten off as you mentioned..but in this woods the plants were plenty big enough to have the pod but it just wasnt there..brought home a half a dozen and examined them real close with a magnifing glass. these looked like the pod stem didn't even form or develope..i'm still very puzzled..thanks for your input...

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2192

That is very Odd. I've seen a lot of them eaten off, But to never develop on mature plants??? I just dont unerstand that either.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2199

5 ,i didn't understand it either,going to watch this place next year to see if they form the pod stem..they had to at some point ,because there are pleny of small plants in this woods.I don't know if cold weather played a part in the early spring is why they didn't come on or just what it is....

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Who's Online

We have 222 guests and no members online

Login