2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: tomorrow

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2318

22 ounces is a good haul ,i'd take that everytime ..congrats..thanks too,i'v got lucky and got into a couple woods there hasn't been any diggers in..it makes me hope all the small ones i'v left will have a chance to get that big..good luck on your next outing..looks like Wed. will be the first chance i'll be able to get back out..going back to where I dug the those 2 ouncers ..i only hunted one corner of that woods..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2371

i'm going to get to go today..i'm a contractor..finished up my last job this week [a garage]..aint going to bid anymore big jobs till after bow season is over..going to have plenty of free time to hunt now....

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2378

Good luck Chief, I took a volunteer layoff until Oct. 19 so that I could get some hunting in this year.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2382

good luck to you too,5. hope you find some...

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2387

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I am convinced that you guys have the

!!! Seng !!! Factor LoL

I am a roofing contractor and sometimes I build a house for a friend or family member,I put out the start date on building a new house untill the last of Nov and took 1 mounth off from the contractors I take sub-work through,only keeping my personal roof contracts steady......

It has never been and never will be just about money to me when it comes to ginsenging,I make far more at work,but it is something that I truly love to do,it is the !!!Seng Factor!!! :)

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2396

Yes Billy, If that's what it's called (Seng Factor) Then I've got it. Your right, it aint just about the money. This hobby doesn't pay all that good per hour, especially if you factor in drive time, gas money, time cleaning and admiring roots. But I love it!!! There just aint nothing like finding those real old plants. ( You know, that occasional 5-prong, those 4-prongs with 6or 7 leaflets on each prong and then you dig them and find out just how long That growth stem is and what the shape of that old root is like ) Yeh, I've got it !!!SENG FACTOR!!!

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2400

i like the shot of adrenaline i get when i spot a plant ... and when finding the larger plants with the thick stems its like christmas ... as you are digging you never know what kinda root is going to be unearthed !! most of the time its a scrawny lil root in my area ... not sure why they dont get any larger !! but i still enjoy it !! :)

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2406

you guys are something else..when we go at it the way the guys on here do ,you can tell its for the love of the hunt.....i took my lay off because i got six tree stands to move before oct 1st..still aint got to that yet lol..got the sang factor [fever]. going right now....our good friend Billy has coined a new phrase[SENG FACTOR]now thats good right there I don't care who you are...good one Billy..now to todays hunt..I made that mile and half walk to the 12 acer woods and finished it out..if you can see my shovel ,all the roots laying in front of it weigh an ounce and half or more.....4 pounds 3 ounces...

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2407

heres a couple nice 2 ouncers....

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2408

couple nice roots...

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Who's Online

We have 291 guests and no members online

Login