2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: tomorrow

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2417

Great Day Chief!!! Got to say I'm gettin jealous. My best areas aren't nearly that good. Didn't get to go today. I'm gonna try a new spot tomorrow. Don't know If anythings in there or not. It'll probably be my last hunt this season. The plants are dying off quick around here. I've never seen it die off this early before, but I doubt if weve had an inch of rain since June. I'd be thrilled if I find 1/4 of what you did today

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2419

good luck tomarrow 5, 25% here are yellow..10 % is dead and shedding its leaves..dry here too..supposed to start raining sunday and rain through tues..those that are yellow [if it comes a hard pounding rain] will be gone..

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2421

90% or better are yellow here, a lot of the smaller ones are laying flat on the ground and more brown than yellow. It's been a great season though even if it was short. Found a few really nice old bigguns. I'm workn on getting some pics posted. Got a new camera cell phone that allows you to select pixel size. Just need to get some hardware to hook it up to the computer.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2425

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
5 - I liked that part of your explanation the best when you said !!!!!!! admiring roots !!!!!!! lol you hit the nail on the head rite there.You know after I get home and get to sit and look at the roots when there cleaned and dryed it is no doubght as much fun to me as when I find it,there is no way to exsplain this except when you realy dont have to exsplain because of the guys your talking to,because they understand you,it is cool this site and this place of conversation amoungst us,we understand each other,the love and the passion of true ginsengers is awsome..

Shroomy - I hear you to man - the adreniline it is true,very true,I have laughed out loud from pure happiness over big plants.You guys no that when we found the plant that was 40 1/4 inches high and had 9 leaves on one leaf of the 4 prong this year,,,when I saw it I just sit down and looked and looked at it,I was astonished,I mean I have dug some seng in time,but that was unlike anything I ever found,,the rite word no doubght is ....ADRENILINE....took over and well it was at least 10 minutes later before I saw the root,13 inches long on the main long connection,just unreal.....

Chieftain - Thanks I like that saying to !! The Seng Factor !! we will have to keep this saying :)
Now to a more important matter,man are you serious ? 4+ pounds ! WOW ! thats awsome bro what a haul,absolutly worth the walk and then some,I have never had a 4 pound day so my hat is tiped to you in pure respect,that is not only a great haul,but is very good stewardship and plant and replanting,years no doubght of good work.Those are some serious nice roots and in that no# is great thanks for sharing that photo,the best of the season so far no doubght.

Billy.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2430

billy ,it's hard to even think that sang would grow in this woods..that must be why its there ,no one else would look it..the woods has several big oak and hickory trees scatered through it..mostly buck brush blackberry canes and multi-flora rose bush's..iv never seen sang grow in those type conditions..I planted all the seed's back ,pinched off a bunch [a 1000 or more i bet]of two pronger's so this patch of woods should be good for quiet awhile..the friend [a farmer]i'm hunting on is sending me to another patch of woods today about a half mile from this woods..he says it's the same way 'kinda brushy'..i don't know but i'm going to look..good luck ,i hope everyone has the seng factor working for them..

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2446

I hate to admit it, but I think I'm done for the year. Went out today and found a few average plants. Didn't dig any, just planted a few berries. This area is way off the road so maybe in 15 years or so I can reap the rewards. There might be more than what I saw in there. A lot of the sang in this area is just gone. I know I've said this before, but the sang went from some still having some green berries Sept 1st to stems with leaves alread fallen off and today is the 17th. It's been great chattin with you guys. I'll still try to get on here once in a while but I'm changing my focus to deer hunting. Got stands to hang and scouting to do. A little target practice and I'll be ready for the opener Sept 26.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2452

yes sir i found some today that will be gone the next rain we get they are dieing quick..the woods i went to todat were 75% yellow...heres some ounce and a halfer's....

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2453

..5you got to show us your root after its dry..and keep the price updates coming..3 pounds 13 ounces today so the seng factor was still on..i could drive right up to this woods after the farmer showed me where it was at..first thing in the corner of the 5 acer patch was a old, old hog house ..I thought no way this has been a feed lot...but the amazing sang plant fooled me again.all the ones in front are a ounce and half or more.....

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2454

congrats chieftain,id say you had a ball digging all of it,i know i would have!!!!!

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2466

Chief all I got to say is YOU DA MAN!!!!! I posted a pic of a few of my biggest dried roots

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 589 guests and no members online

Login