2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: tomorrow

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2626

going one more time tomarrow ,mainly to pinch off a bunch of small plants..i set a limit on my self each year of 10 pounds...i didn't realize i was digging that much root..got 12 pounds dry and still got some on the screens..i guess those bigger roots weigh heavier than a guy thinks....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2642

Hey Chieftain jusy wondering have mostly all your seng turned and fallen? And are you still seeing any that are still green? I'm just wondering if it would be a waste of time to go diggin one more time

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2644

Bird ,i'd say you would do alright to go..ours is 80% yellow..10% green and 10 % gone....rained all day yesterday ,but it was a gentle rain ,today maybe a diffrent story though ,calling for a heavy rain ,if it does that some of the plants around here will break down and be gone....i'm going today, may dig a few of the nicer ones but mainly going to go pinch off a bunch of small 2 and 3 prongers ....

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2645

Thanks alot guess I'm gonna gear up and hit the woods early mabye one more full day will be good I hope. Good luck to you too!

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2648

good luck to you too bird,i may have to wear a rain coat..

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2657

Good look guys. Hope you go out with a bang!

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2658

some of todays bigger ones....

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2659

well it was a rainy ,cold ,cloudy day for my [pretty sure ] last hunt of the year...90% yellow ,10%gone or will be gone after the rain...I still got the fever,but I'm going to make myself quit.i must of pinched off over 300 small plants today...only got to 9 out of the 19 spots marked on my gps,but i figure that will be next years ....today 2 pounds 5 ounces..put the wrong pic. in there the first time......

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2660

Nice stuff chief! Looks like a good way to wrap the season up. Hard to let it go.......aint it?

Re:tomorrow 14 years 6 months ago #2661

yes sir it is, bow season comes next thur.'s here ..i'v got to get going on that..fire wood needs cut for my wood burner in the shop...got a million things need done...man it is my favorite time of year....,

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 435 guests and no members online

Login