2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Many Tops & Plants That I Buy - This topic is educational

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22806

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
huntsman you have not hijacked this thread at all.I enjoyed finding that plant for you.

Billy.

huntsman53 wrote:

Billy,

Thanks...You Da Man! It's nice to know that I made a fairly rare find and one that is unique within itself!

I noticed that Blue Cohosh is not on your' List (on your' Website) of items that you buy! Is there not a market for it? It seems much more rare to find than Black Cohosh but I have located quite a few plants on mine and Hugh's scouting trips!

In after-thought, it seems I hijacked your' Thread and for that I am truly sorry and apologize for doing so! I also want to apologize to the other members and non-members that look forward to and follow your' threads, posts and helpful information! In the future, I will create separate threads for any questions and help on plants that I find that are intriguing and of interest!

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22807

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Blue Cohosh - is considered to be one of the best herbs to bring on menstruation, and is one of the traditional herbs used to induce labor in natural childbirth.It contains the phytochemical calulopsponin which actively stimulates uterine contractions and promotes blood flow to the pelvic region.Blue cohosh is generally used in combination with other herbs, often black cohosh, to treat menstrual disorders. The herb's powerful antispasmodic properties are helpful in relieving the menstrual cramps of a painful period.

My personal thoughts concerning Blue Cohosh.It is another good plant to dig when there is a market for it.Unlike its close cousin Black Cohosh the demand is not as high.I think mostly due to the fact that this root is more used as a mix into other herbs to make a medicine instead of being the main ingredient.Check with you dealer and make sure that there is a market before you dig.In most areas the root is very plentiful,however I have noticed that the further south that I go from Ky the thinner the Blue Cohosh slim`s in availability ,but in this area it is plentyful.A good digger after drying this root will earn between $40 to $65 dollars a day.The root also pays a little under its cousin Black Cohosh.

Billy.
Attachments:

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22809

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Red clover is used for cancer prevention, indigestion, high cholesterol, whooping cough, cough, asthma, bronchitis.Red clover is applied to the skin for skin cancer, skin sores, burns, and chronic skin diseases including eczema and psoriasisIn foods and beverages.The solid extract of red clover is used as a flavoring ingredient.

There is not many dealers that buy these but I am one.You only pick the tops never bothering the stalk.

There is not many dealers that buy these but I am one.You only pick the tops never bothering the stalk.
My thoughts concerning Red Clover - This is an excellent flower to pick and it pays very good.A good picker after drying can expect to make around $75 to $140 dollars a day.There are tricks to picking faster and it is a must to understand that you never ever put Clover in the sun to dry,always dry them in the shade and they dry quickly even in the shade.You retain the color by drying them in the shade and that is a must.This is a perfect time as I write this to be out picking red clover and you never have to worry about when to be picking it because you only pick the flower and you can harvest year after year in the same places from the same stalks over and over year by year.Now thats cool right there.

This is a good one guys if you want to no more about this contact me through e-mail or from my website.

Billy.
Attachments:

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22828

Billy,

I love this thread. It's very informative. What is the best thing to harvest right now besides the red clove you just talked about?

Thanks,

mhowa

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22840

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
mhowa thanks I am glad that you are enjoying the thread.There is another herb that is good to harvest at this time.I will post it next.

mhowa wrote:

Billy,

I love this thread. It's very informative. What is the best thing to harvest right now besides the red clove you just talked about?

Thanks,

mhowa

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22841

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Black Indian Hemp - Chemotherapy induced vomiting: Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy, when given the extracts of Indian hemp, were relieved of their nausea and vomiting as a result of the activity of cannabinoids present in the herb.Alzheimer’s: Cannabidiol, a major non-psychoactive component, was observed by research to have neuro-protective, anti-oxidative and anti-apoptotic properties as well as prolonging cell protection and survival of neurons.Digestive disorders: The leaves of the herb are useful in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery when they are taken with sugar and black pepper. But in other cases of dyspepsia and other bowel complaints, it acts as an appetizer and soother.Insomnia: The leaves of Indian hemp help in the treatment of insomnia since they induce sleep.Nervous disorders: Migraine, convulsions, neuralgia, insanity and delirium, and nervous exhaustion are all effectively treated by ingesting small amounts of Indian hemp.Gonorrhea: The seeds of the drug are not narcotic, and can be effectively used to treat gonorrhea.

Personal thoughts on this herb - This is also a good early herb to harvest as it is reaady now and again you only pick the tops so the plant comes up every season in the same place and once you establish a few good spots you can simply return to them every season and pick the herbs.Just cut them off from the ground and dry them.

-NOTE- if you find the plant and it is not plentyful yet.Then do not pick them until August and that will give the seed time to spread.Most places where I pick it is so thick that there is no need for furthe seeding,but about once every 5 years.A good picker can earn around $60.00 a day after drying indian hemp and if you learn enough spots you can make sevral hundred dollors a season.In most spots it is very very thick,but you may find some that need to be picked late for seeding purposes and as always if the plant has not grown into mass amounts then use good stewardship and let the plant seed.

Billy.
Attachments:

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22861

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Mullein Leaf - Soothes Dry Coughs and Laryngitis. One of the Safest and Most Useful Herbal Lung Tonics.Externally, it was used to treat burns, wounds, ulcers, skin diseases, hemorrhoids, and rheumatic aches and pains. The smoke from the burning leaves was inhaled to relieve asthma. Mullein tea was taken as a sedative and pain-killer. Under the name of 'bullock's lungwort', the herb was used to treat cattle diseases, particularly those affecting the lungs. It is important that infusions or decoctions of mullein are finely strained to get rid of the irritant hairs, or down, which cover the plant.

My thoughts concerning this herb - This is a very easy herb to learn and it is another herb that you can pick and reharvest in the same spot for many years.They spread realy well and full in any area where they grow.Look near railroads also near roadways where they have left rock any area that gets sun and stone together even fields on the edges to the wooded area often.Once the seed is thick and the plants plentyful you can harvest this herb without fear of harvesting to early,however if the plants are just taking root then wait untill middle Aug to harvest.When harvesting do not pull on the stalk as even though the plant is strong it will come up by the root if you pull on the candle often.Only harvest the Leafs if you want to reharvest many times.A good picker can average $60.00 a day after drying the leafs.

Billy.
Attachments:

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22893

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Wild Ginger - Stimulant, carminative, diuretic, diaphoretic. Used in chronic chest complaints, dropsy with albuminaria, painful spasms of bowels and stomach.

Personal thoughts concerning this root - Wild Ginger is most likely one of the most populated roots in this area and it grows very wel in most areas where I have been mainly in Tn Ky and Va but it does well in other states where I have not been as well.It is easy to learn and very easy to dig.A good digger can earn around $50.00 a day after drying wild ginger.
Attachments:

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22902

Billy,

Is there much of a market for wild ginger? It's pretty thick on my property. I could probably dig a dump truck full if I had time.

mhowa

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 10 months ago #22905

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
mhowa there is a good market for ginger and you could dig as much as you want to dry I do not know if you have dug any before or not,but the easyest way to me to harvest ginger is break the steam off at the ground and then dig it,that way you do not have to wonder where to break it when you dig it as the top and the bottom stalk favor alot that does away with deciding where to break it :) I love the smell of that root wet or dry.

Billy.

mhowa wrote:

Billy,

Is there much of a market for wild ginger? It's pretty thick on my property. I could probably dig a dump truck full if I had time.

mhowa

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Who's Online

We have 464 guests and no members online

Login