2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Many Tops & Plants That I Buy - This topic is educational

Re:Many Tops & Plants That I Buy - This topic is educational 10 years 8 months ago #23486

Thank you Billy. I have learned a lot this morning Some of those plants I knew some I didn't. Everyone should know about the uses of the plants God has given us. He done it for us after all. Pleas if you find the time post more even if you don't buy them.Most of the picture on the net give scientific names that simple folks like me dont understand.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Many Tops & Plants That I Buy - This topic is educational 10 years 7 months ago #23935

Billy and Fellas,
Hey there, I was out hunting summer mushrooms yesterday, Lobsters, Oysters etc. Spotted a few small 3 prongers too.
Anyways, My buddy Shroomdawg and I ran into the biggest valley of Wild Ginger that I have ever seen in all my days. I have seen it before when it is abundant. But this holler was covered on the north face for a couple hundred yards with a thick blanket of just Wild Ginger. The Southern face on the other side was fairly covered as well. What a sight to see. My camera phone is getting old and beat up but here is a pic if it comes through.
I know you are familiar with lots of plants Billy. I could dig here for a week and not make a dent in this patch of Wild Ginger.
Latt

Re:Many Tops & Plants That I Buy - This topic is educational 10 years 7 months ago #23955

Thank you Billy. Those are great pictures and really, really informative! I have a feeling I'll be referring back to this post a lot!

Re:Many Tops & Plants That I Buy - This topic is educational 10 years 7 months ago #24011

REVISED with Video
Billy and Fellas,
Hey there, I was out hunting summer mushrooms yesterday, Lobsters, Oysters etc. Spotted a few small 3 prongers too.
Anyways, My buddy Shroomdawg and I ran into the biggest valley of Wild Ginger that I have ever seen in all my days. I have seen it before when it is abundant. But this holler was covered on the north face for a couple hundred yards with a thick blanket of just Wild Ginger. The Southern face on the other side was fairly covered as well. What a sight to see. My buddy Shroomdawg took this short video of the woods with wild ginger in it. Just click on the link below if you want to see it. The video shows it fairly well but it continued on and on down the holler for a couple hundred yards.
I know you are familiar with lots of plants Billy. I could dig here for a week and not make a dent in this patch of Wild Ginger.
Latt

Re:New Tops & Plants Ready for 2013 Season 9 years 7 months ago #30861

Billy,
I have been finding alot of Jack in the Pulpit in my area while out digging Ginseng root. Any idea what the root or bulb goes for in Illinois per pound??

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 175 guests and no members online

Login