2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: unethical diggers

unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2319

went to the woods this eve and was disgusted at what i found ... first of all SOMEBODY had came onto private property and dug sang ... many of them being tiny 2 prong plants .... add to that ... the plants that had fruited out they hadnt taken the time to plant the berries ... tops lying on the ground, berries intact, and small roots laying at the mouth of the holes they hadnt taken the time to replant ... makes me sick !! then the landowner tells me somebody had cut their fence ... this is what causes people to stop any activity all together on their land ... glad ive been trapping, digging, hunting, picking mushrooms, etc on the place since i was 17 ! the old fella and his wife both smiled and told me they knew i wouldnt do such a thing ... i do wish i could catch who it was tho !!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2321

SHROOMY, I hope you catch them with a shotgun shell full of ROCK SALT !! Makes em burn alittle from a distance. Last year had someone leavin trash behind after diggin on family property.Makes me mad when they don't even ask if they can hunt.People please respect others property.If you carry it in carry it out!!

Re:unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2340

That really bothers me that some people dont Have the common sense to take a few minutes to plant the seeds or replant smaller roots. It is bad enough that in your case people were tresspassing, but I've seen where even people with permission have virtually destroyed the woods. At least for sang huntin for the next fifty years. Perhaps they really dont know any better and just need educated. I've seen where somebody was tresspassing and not only dug the heck out of the area, but left all kinds of trash in the woods (beer cans, pop bottles, etc.). Its very dissapointing when a hunt is ruined like this.

Re:unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2343

If I see 2 prongs I usually pinch the tops off to keep people from digging them.There are some people around here that will dig everything they can find.Not very smart people I guess.

Re:unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2349

plain out and out greed..it is a shame..

Re:unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2364

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
:( it is so sad I hope you catch them and im kinda leaning towards the rocksalt thought also.

Re:unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2403

They not only dig small roots,pinching the small ones off helps.I just want SOMEONE TO TELL ME HOW THE SAM HUSTON DO THEY DIG IT AFTER DARK????????????I have enough trouble seeing it in the day lightI just can't believe the length some will go through to do wrong!!!!!!!!!

Re:unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2409

I have checked my patch after dark with a light and the ginseng really stands out with a flashlight shining on it.Kinda scary when you are trying to keep poachers off of out of your patch-not even safe at night.

Re:unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2415

i know ,i see alot after dark coonhunting..never stop to dig ,usally see it going into the dog when he's treed and i don't stop and dig..i might mark the spot on the gps for future refrance..your right it does stand out when you hit it with the light...

Re:unethical diggers 14 years 6 months ago #2434

With dogs and shotguns that the hill folk own I don't know where these poachers get the gonads to go in at night.Stupid and desperate I guess. I am telling you just ask land owners if you can hunt seng on them you might be surprised at the response. Country folk have good heart and souls.Just be kind and you might get premission to hunt some good locations

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 382 guests and no members online

Login