2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: TNhunter 2013 Season...

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 11.3 oz today 10 years 7 months ago #24594

what do you take pictures with a camera or phone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 10 years 7 months ago #24596

chicks...

I use a camera.

Bought my wife a nice new camera last year and I now use her old one for ginseng trips and photos.

It is not real big, fits in a compartment in my fanny-pack but is easy to take pics with, has a flower mode that works well on close shots.

TNhunter

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 10 years 7 months ago #24607

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Happy late B-day Great thread Nice rack on the deer some poor ole guy was crying over that one :)..... 36.9 ounces is a haul of sorts I tell ya.... Nice photos and roots I especially like the 2 hairy roots hat is my favorite ones to eat.

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 10 years 7 months ago #24707

TN, glad to see you finding some good looking seng. Pretty good Bday present for yourself. good luck on the rest of your season.

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 10 years 7 months ago #24757

Thanks for the comments all.

Billy - I hear ya on those keeper roots. Those two will not make it to the dealer - I will be keeping those to eat myself.

It has been very dry here for 3-4 weeks, starting to look bad, but last night thru this morning around 8:30 it came a good slow rain.

Just what we needed.

After the rain letup I made a round down in the woods where I had transplanted some nice roots for seed production and I planted several nice red berries off them. Some of them were quite yellow and starting to lay over already.

I also made a short trip out and down a hollow that Cole and I hunted last year. There was one place where we found a nice little patch of decent 3 prongers (decent for this place anyway) and I went down to check that spot again. And as I suspected there were 6-7 seng plants up in that same area.

I harvested 4 of them. Nothing big, just average to smallish 3 prongers. They just do not get big in this hollow no matter how old. I have dug em 30-40 years old in this hollow and they are still 8-10\" average to smallish 3 prongers.

Here's the 4 that I harvested this morning. Most are in the 12-15 year old range, but that one in the top right is right around 20 by my count.

A few more for the drying rack.

Got Family stuff to do the rest of the day but I did get out in the woods some and it sure was nice after that rain.

Hope you all have a nice weekend !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 10 years 7 months ago #24760

hey guys I have some decent pictures but im having trouble figuring out how to post them.i have them sent to my e mail but that's as far as I have gotten could use some help. nice roots TN nothing like a few nuggets to dry out.

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 10 years 7 months ago #24761

Hey Chicks... check out the post below for a good example of what you have to do to post pics on the board.

If you have the pics in your email, you will need to save them from your email to your computer hard drive (in some folder) and then you may have to re-size them before you can post. The max image size that you can post is something like 800x800. The post below gives some good examples.

TNhunter

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...-the-years.html#6185

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 10 years 7 months ago #24763

hey thanks for the help tn stuck in the house with all this rain today maybe ill get to dig tomorrow. GO BIG ORANGE

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 10 years 6 months ago #25132

few roots found this season
Attachments:

Re:TNhunter 2013 Season... 10 years 6 months ago #25135

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Who's Online

We have 902 guests and no members online

Login