2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 4000ft in WV

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24288

Some nice old ones there!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24293

Those are some nice plants. I wish we were finding plants with berry balls like that. I'm in Ohio and it seems that we're finding some nice plants but they have little or no berries.

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24296

Daisy24, I now live in West Central Ohio and there is some seng here and there. Grew up East of Columbus a ways and used to find a lot of seng. Are you N,S,E or West in Ohio. Glad to hear you are finding good seng.
Latt

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24316

Hey there Four Thousand feet.. I'm down in Nicholas Co...Where are you located ? Cass or Marlinton area ?.. Don't worry I'm a dealer just guessing by the looks of the roots.

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24326

You got some real nice old ones there Snowman;) Congrats on the nice find!

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24331

Yep that's the area. I think we have sold to u in the past.

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24332

I buy a lot in that area ..from Elkins ,Valley Head, Cass, Marlinton. .just thought I recognized the section. . I'm Tony Coffman ..you say that you have dealt some with me..I hope you were satisfied? We will be chasing it this yr again.

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24337

My dad has been over to sell Ours to u for the past few years And yes we were satisfied. Do you have any prices for this year

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24338

Its really early but your section should start around $ 600.00 . I look for a similar year to last for a while but the ending price will depend on the total dig and demand..Just check with me before you sell is all I can ask.

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24341

Strong Prong,

Did you ever know Red (sorry but I can't remember his' last name), the Ginseng Dealer from Elkins, who used to buy seng back in the 80's and into the 90's (and probably as far back as the 60's but I did not know him then)? Red moved from Elkins to the sticks (I believe) either close to Coalton or Cassity some time before his wife passed and I lost touch with him shortly thereafter. Red was the most fair Ginseng Dealer I have ever known and I even offered to watch his' place when he needed to visit his wife in the hospital. He had problems with someone watching his' place and when he would leave, they would break in and steal a lot of his' Ginseng that he had bought. Red taught me a lot about drying and storing Ginseng and even told me of areas of where to hunt for it. There are not a lot of folks around like Red! May God Bless him and his wife and may they both rest in peace!

Frank

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 485 guests and no members online

Login