2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng hunting season 2013

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26006

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Left/Right

My son-in-law Chris My Son L.Bill Me and My son Caleb he is getting big we just celebrated his 15th Birthday.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26007

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Caleb's nice big 3 1/4 ounce root He was cheesing here lol that is by far his best root ever and man that bank was steep...

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26008

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Caleb is looking up through those branches at me and I am like way to go Son with a peace symbal. I am sure a proud Dad now I tell ya.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26009

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
L.Bill finds a nice 4 prong That root weighed 1 1/2 ounce a beauty for sure. Couldn't be happier than when out in the Mountains with my Boys.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26010

Good pics Billy. You'll be glad you have them one day. LOL, that youngin of your's is on his way to being a man for sure. I myself,have seen him grow a whole bunch from pics on this forum for the last few years.

Hillhopper

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26013

Billy,

Great pics, great times with your boys and son-in-law, the great outdoors and some great seng. What more could a person ask for??!!

Frank

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26015

Thanx for the invite Billy. I will take u up on that offer.Am glad that u and urs had a gr8 season. Looking forward to ur pics and videos on ur site also. I love this forum and getting to talk to bunch of good ole boys. I got to talk to bellco and chicks dig it today and look forward to going with them sometime. Tell Caleb to enjoy his youth because it is over sooo fast. See u soon!

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26016

Thanx for the invite Billy. I will take u up on that offer.Am glad that u and urs had a gr8 season. Looking forward to ur pics and videos on ur site also. I love this forum and getting to talk to bunch of good ole boys. I got to talk to bellco and chicks dig it today and look forward to going with them sometime. Tell Caleb to enjoy his youth because it is over sooo fast. See u soon!

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26019

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Those film Guys told me that they really needed to get some of the true Mtn roots that they have saw in my photos and videos that I have made myself. So I ask them if they could walk for 2 hours from the 4-wheelers and then search and dig for 4 up to 5 hours and then walk back out for 2 more hours :o) they said we will try.

So I took them and they made it far enough to get what they needed to make the show very good according to what they felt it needed with the Mtn roots that We (me and the boys)find every season for the show, but I was still 20 minutes walk from where I wanted to get to. So I decided to let them take a lunch break :) and I said you guys wait here at this spot I will return in 1 hour. So I did and with what they got on the videos and with what you see in the photos here We dug over 4 pounds and there was not a single two prong dug. I harvest that holler once every 3 to 4 years and I never ever dig a 2 prong there and never a small three prong either, but you can see the results. 1-root over 4 ounces 4-Roots over 3 ounces and numerous 1+ up to 2 roots.

They said no one would have ever believed such a place still existed but we can prove it. I told them that you must be willing to educate your self in the woods and you must be willing to loose 2-5 pounds in a day after a journey like that. They had a emt to go with us and when we got out he said Mr.: Taylor did you ever use a gps or a compass I told him that I had never used one and he pulled his gps out of his pocket and said I took this so that we wouldn't get lost, but you told us this was there you took us to it and then brought us back over several ridges and behind one Mountain to the other and back and was not 100 yards away from where you started when you came back to the 4-wheeler trail and you did not have a gps, Sir how did you do that... And I told him I can not explain that I just know how.

He said do you know of any more places like this ? I said I know of seven places like this 3 that my Elder taught me and 4 that I have found on my own, but 2 of them are being striped within 2 miles of where these old hollers are and I hope they do not make it to them before they stop....... And that young man turned to me not crying as a sobbing cry but he had a tear in his eyes and it trickled down and he said to me, Mr.: Taylor I pray to God that they stop before they get to them.......

Guys that has been several days ago and I can not stop seeing that young man in front of me if nothing else good ever comes from what I am doing that was worth it all worth every bit of it.

Praise be to God for his wonders that never cease to amaze me in my life and for the joy that I got to share with that young man that day I will never forget him.

Billy.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26021

Billy... That was truly one great story and what a bunch of seng! Thanks for sharing those moments with us and I am glad that you got to experience them up close and personal!

Frank

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Who's Online

We have 595 guests and no members online

Login