2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng hunting season 2013

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24776

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hey Chief always good to hear from you Brother seems its been awhile since we have discussed the SeNg FAcToR :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24777

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
A Beautiful top I found Friday.

I got to sneak away from the house by myself for about 4 to 5 hours I was in the woods 3 1/2 hours dug 13 ounces but man I found a dandy new spot. That I had only saw from the roadway and thought that it would be worth a look to see if it was their and it sure is. I was going to take Hue in to this spot and sEnG it more and further back Saturday but it rained us out :( hopefully we will get to go soon that's a good spot I feel it especially after the evidence that I got and I am about to show you.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24778

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
A nice patch of big 4 prongs I must have planted 100 berries there around them monsters.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24779

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
My best single root Friday 2.01 ounces sure was pretty and had a lot of water hairs the where very healthy. Look at that beautiful black loamy soil their in that area. We have a lot of good soil in this area but that has got to be some of the best that I have seen. I would love to transfer some of that into my potato ground and my pole beans to but that's to far to carry it lol..... That root split off into a double top root, but it only had one top up you talking about a seed bed root if both of them big tops came up we talking 50 berries maybe x 2

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24783

Very nice billy. Geepers u got love it when u find soil like that u know the roots will b nice. Keep them coming.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24785

Wooo-Hooo, Billy!
I sure would like to get in on some digging like that. Beautiful pictures and beautiful roots.
Hugh

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24786

Wow Billy,
What a beautiful plant and roots. I am driving 80 miles one way to get out today back in my home town to revisit a spot I rarely go into. This was my \"Best Spot\" 35 years ago. I go there every now and then. I hope to find an old one that may have eluded me.
Would love to find an old one like you found.
Good luck everyone,
Latt

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24788

Awesome dig Billy!
Today is the first day of Fall fellas, makes me feel like a calf just turned out of the barn.
Oh,and.......
Happy Birthday Latt! Hope its a good one my friend.

Hillhopper

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24820

Thanks Hill! It was a good one. Dug some seng back home today. Going to transplant it here locally so I can watch it mature over the years. Hopefully it will propagate some new seng in a woods currently void of ginseng.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 7 months ago #24835

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks everyone

Happy B-Day Latt I am glad that you got to go and dig back home a nice present in its self

Best my friend

Billy.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

Who's Online

We have 94 guests and no members online

Login