2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Check this root out pics now attached

Re:Check this root out 10 years 5 months ago #25780

Hey Latt I'm kinda curious as to that 12 oz root Bob buddy found. I know it had 3 tops on it as well but never sais what they were. Just wondering i guess. We are all happy for Bob and friend and thanx for posting so we could c it also.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Check this root out 10 years 5 months ago #25810

One 7 prong, one 6 prong and one 4 prong off of same root - from Bob Beyfuss.

Re:Check this root out 10 years 5 months ago #25819

Thanx Latt. I misread it earlier,duh. LOL Anyway have u been out lately or hasit died back where u live?

Re:Check this root out 10 years 5 months ago #26387

Those roots are incredible!

Did Bob ever get back to you with the soils analysis? wonder how old that thing is?

Re:Check this root out 10 years 5 months ago #26388

Bawhite40, I never did get back out lately as it has died down here.

Whit,
I dropped the ball and never did ask Bob if he took a soil sample. I would love to grow some seng in that particular area tho. Can you imagine what might come up.

Latt

Re:Check this root out 10 years 2 months ago #27231

That was amazing, thanks for showing the pictures here.

I have a question, if you come across a monster root like that, what is the best way to sell it. Would you get more keeping it apart from the others, and selling it green to someone? Or do you just let it dry out, and sell it bulk with all the other roots? I've never found one, so I am just curious. Thanks.

Re:Check this root out 10 years 2 months ago #27237

Mortis that is a great question,
Yes you want to separate it out. Some put them in everclear (Moonshine) to preserve them. Some attempt to sell them green and then some dry it out.
If one were to find one like this root many Asian buyers prefer to have the plant top attached and then the entire plant mounted and framed behind glass to hang on the wall. Seriously, I have seen them and they look great. Imagine it framed in a manner like folks do with arrow heads on the wall.
A root like that would go for thousands of $$$.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Check this root out 10 years 2 months ago #27239

Interesting, and good info to know. Thanks Latt

Re:Check this root out 10 years 2 months ago #27243

I wonder if anyone counted the necks and determined how old that root was?

I also wonder what the NY woods are rated at- as far as growing areas. You know, like certain areas have lore about them saying that some areas are better than others.... hmmm...

Re:Check this root out 10 years 2 months ago #27245

I am not sure if they counted the age Whit.
I have heard that NY seng is rated at the top. I swear the plant top looks distinctly different to me as well. The plant top has more oval shaped leaves with a distinct tip and appears much darker in color with thick leaves. Just a healthy looking plant in general. Of course I have never seen one in person and these observations are from looking at NY seng pics from many different sources. But I have seen pics and thought to myself that it looks like NY seng only to read further in the article (Magazines, Youtube, Internet, Email pics, blah blah blah) that it is truly NY seng.

Latt

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 715 guests and no members online

Login