2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: still looking.....

still looking..... 14 years 7 months ago #2442

• Joy Irwin
  • Joy Irwin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all, Here I go again! I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I am beginning to feel like an idiot! I ran into this guy on the road the other day and he told me he had just come from selling 5 pounds of ginseng! I see what I'm sure is it but when I dig it up it looks like just plain old roots to me. I have seen just dug and dry ginseng before so I know what it looks like and that ain't it!
Admittedly I have been distracted from the cause lately, but since the season hasn't been open very long I figure all is not lost.
Can someone post pics of what wild ginseng should look like right now in Tennessee? I live about 25 minutes from Crossville, which is one of the 2 places left in the state where you can sell ginseng outright.not to a website. THANKS!!!!!!!!
someone help??????
JOY IRWIN

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:still looking..... 14 years 7 months ago #2461

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Joy look under the link ginseng season open in kentucky and start at page 1 go thorugh and you will see alot of photos,also there are other links listed with them....

Re:still looking..... 14 years 7 months ago #2470

Joy, I'd also recomend that if possible tag along with an experienced digger. This will be extremely beneficial. the right areas are the key, and an experienced person can show you other plants that grow in the same habitat. Kinda just like oak and hickory trees like the same environment, ginseng and black cohosh and yellow root and jack in the pulpit and maiden hare ferns and parachute ferns all like the same type of area.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

Who's Online

We have 142 guests and no members online

Login