2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO

WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2506

but ended up bush-hogging, working on a tractor, and picking some mushrooms with a yougster ..... ended up with 100+ lbs of chickens ... too dry for anything else ... but had fun

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2508

Shroomy, what ya going to do with all those mushrooms? Where'd you go in SE Ohio? I'm in Cambridge.

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2509

I eat the chantrells too..our set on the 2nd week of july this year...

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2512

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I`ve never seen these guys ,tell me more about them ?

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2514

chantrells come up every year in the same place..if you find a patch ,you got chantrells year after year from the same spot...our's in ILL generally come up in mid to late aug.'s and will come up after every little rain till first frost...we'v had no rain here in 21 days now ,they are not coming on like most fall's...had plenty early in july ....they are great sauted in butter with a little garlic..cook till tender and they are done..great in italian dish's ..lasagna and spaghetti..if you like the spring mushrooms you will like the chantrells ..

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2516

yup, i like the chanterelles too ... there are a few different types ... took me quite a fe years to find my first cinnabar (fire chanterelle) ... for some reason the smooth chanterelles around here dont get as buggy as the others, and they get larger .... this day here could have filled a full sized truck bed up with them .... but left most where they grew

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2517

i gave the mushrooms away ... i dont really care for chickens .... i have BUNCHES of better mushrooms dehydrated, and/or frozen for later use ... i still have morels from 2 years ago ... LOL .... i was in adams county ohio

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2528

i went out in july ,picked a couple 5 gallon bucket full and left the rest..i can only eat so many..i like the hen of the woods alright..it's time for them here ..all i need is a little rain and they will be up.

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2531

We get hen of the woods here too Chief! Same thing, waiting on rain. Just got permission from a guy who didn't want me diggin sang, but gave me the ok for fall mushroom hunting. he's got just a little over 200 acres(mostly wooded). I just found a couple of puffballs while hanging a treestand yesterday, but I dont really care for them that much.

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2538

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I got to try and find some because i love the morrels,now i will sure have to see where some of these are.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 446 guests and no members online

Login