2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2540

billy the chanterelles grow under/near the dripline of oaks, beech, and hickory .... good eats .... and very easy to find compared to morels ... if you have yahoo let me know ... would like to chat with ya ... im not a mycologist ... but i do know quite a few different types of mushrooms ... and live to be in the outdoors

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2542

5 ,i just looked at radar,i'v got rain within 150 miles of me [raining in st.louis]if it rains the hen of the woods will come on here...i find most of my hens around dead oak trees....i don't care much for the puffballs either....did you get your stand in a hot spot...out sang hunting last week i seen lots of new rubs and places they are tearing up the acorns...

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2548

getting rain here right now !!! woooo hoooo !! ill be picking some shrooms here very soon ;) :)

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2554

Chief it'll be a real hot spot come full rut. I put it just uphill of trail that looks like a cowpath on a north facing steep slope where I had my best dig this year (27 ounces). Pretty much a funnel area because of the steepness of the terrain. Heres a pic of a puffball and the roots off of 3 4-prongs and a 3-prong I spotted while hanging that stand. Those 4 roots added up to 2 ounces the puffball was just a little bigger than a softball
Attachments:

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2563

love them funnel area's...you can set in your stand and think about that good dig you had ...now that sounds like a good set up to me...the puffers should come on now that we got rain.....

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2565

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Shroomy i dont never use the chat programs,but then again never realy had thought about that realy,it is good sometimes no doubght.

E-mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I would love to learn more about all the shrooms,it is indeed interesting to me.

Guys I got my mind attled a little l8ly I to have been seeing the deer signs,but my seng is still green and their are about 5 areas left to go to,,,geting ruff lol,got the deer stiger trying to sting me for sure,my boys already wanting 2 watch the vids :)

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2574

heres a website Billy , got a lot of good imfo on it....... www.wildharvest.com

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2594

Billy, Just to much to do in the woods and not enough time to do it all. Have a good season of it all

Re:WENT TO LOOK AT A NEW WOODS IN SOUTHEAST OHIO 14 years 6 months ago #2596

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Chieftain thanks for the link

huntndig thta is so very true

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Who's Online