2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: todays find (sunday oct. 20th)

todays find (sunday oct. 20th) 10 years 5 months ago #25862

I walked my legs off today, seen 2 bears, and dug a few good roots.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:todays find (sunday oct. 20th) 10 years 5 months ago #25864

Nice Hawkeye! Seems that there is still quite a bit to be found.

Frank

Re:todays find (sunday oct. 20th) 10 years 5 months ago #25865

Thanks Frank. Yeah there is still some out there. Only dug a few green tops today. Had to leave an area me and my buddy were finding good seng in due to the those pesky bears. One got within 50ft of us. It was very interested in us for some reason. Oh well, it will be therenext season.

Re:todays find (sunday oct. 20th) 10 years 5 months ago #25872

Wouldn't complain about that trip this late in the game. Man those bears make me nervous, they have always ran from me but there is always that one that you just never know!

Re:todays find (sunday oct. 20th) 10 years 5 months ago #25876

Yeah they usually do run and keep their distance. It made me nervous how close it was coming to us and how interested it was in us.

Re:todays find (sunday oct. 20th) 10 years 5 months ago #25896

Black Bears have very poor eyesight and have to rely on their' sense of smell and hearing. If you were making very little or no noise and the Bear could not scent you, then it was probably trying to figure out what you both were. It is the Sows with Cubs that you really have to worry about and occasionally a Boar that has been hunted and shot sometime in the past. When the Bears are far enough away and unaware of your presence or unsure as to what you are, then sometimes and I repeat sometimes, you can scream at the top of your' lungs and they will run out of there like a bolt of lightning.

Frank

Re:todays find (sunday oct. 20th) 10 years 5 months ago #25909

Nice job Hawkeye, sum nice roots. Hope we all can get out in morn. and dig a pound!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and no members online

Login