2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ginseng fever

ginseng fever 15 years 6 months ago #279

been hunting with northern digger, he turned me on to this and now ive got it bad \"ginseng fever\". this is my first year and wow is it fun. im gonna try to post some pics now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ginseng fever 15 years 6 months ago #284

ain't no cure for it either...I can't think of a nicer way to spend a fall day.....

Re:ginseng fever 15 years 6 months ago #286

• Vince the Digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I got it bad too guys, I been trying to go everyday. It seems to pay better than a minimum wage job anyways, lol. ......and I love to be out in the woods!

I went out for 3-4 hours today and ended up with 6 oz wet, not too shabby for me.

Re:ginseng fever 14 years 9 months ago #1317

• tracey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
if you do mind me asking but how much is 6oz.ginseng going for wet??
I missouri i have asked the conservashion office how much it is going for this year ginseng per pound is $200.00 to $400.00 here..
wow.. this is my first time ever hunting by myself
and doesn't the ginseng vine or just a plant???
Tracey

Re:ginseng fever 13 years 9 months ago #3969

Well its late and cant sleep. cant shake the bug so ive been lookin through old posts. I found this topic and thought it be fitting to make a post. This is almost the worst time of year cause the season is gettin closer the plants are up and cant dig em yet. It drives me plum crazy!! I close my eyes at night and all I see are patches of big ol 4-prongs with full berry clusters. I think bout years past and the memerable roots I dug. Somebody please tell me what it is that makes us all so crazy bout this little dang plant!!!!????? And I'm not talkin bout the money aspect. Of corse thats nice but theres somethin else bout it thats just absolutly irresistable!!!!! Thanks for listening now back to tryin to sleep countin big ol 4-prongers on my mental hike through the forest.

Re:ginseng fever 13 years 9 months ago #3977

I know how ya feel. I went out scouting for new spots today and really struck it in one spot in walking distance from my house. I found this little hollow that I've never seen before and right away found a real nice waterfall of big ole 3 and 4 stemmers! Then went to look at a place I've been seeding the past few years and it looks great. Lots of little guys coming up!
Attachments:

Re:ginseng fever 13 years 9 months ago #3979

Bird Nerd, You've got it bad don't ya. I think the fever is why I do'nt plant ginseng,I just hunt the wild root.It's kind of like finding treasure with my Metal Detector.You get a rush from finding the plant and then you just can't wait to see what is in the ground under it. Every root is just a joy to dig and look at. They all have some mystery to them wondering how long it has grown how it got its start, how it got to be right there where it is and where it might end up after you sell it. I think it compares to gold fever of the early days, but its white gold. I love both the hunt and the dig.Dream on my friend I can think of a lot worse things to dream about.Hope you have a good season when it gets here.

Re:ginseng fever 13 years 9 months ago #3980

Huntndig-You got it!!! couldnt have said it better! Although a patch of my own would be nice as emergency funds for unexpected things. and yeah I got it bad bad I dont even bird watch in season. Its a mystical plant of sorts. Good luck to you too this season.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 409 guests and no members online

Login