2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NC still is under last years harvest regulations for national forest.

NC still is under last years harvest regulations for national forest. 9 years 7 months ago #29814

I had to call to find out. Nothing was ever published that I could find. Oh well, not even the national forest website said anything about it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC still is under last years harvest regulations for national forest. 9 years 7 months ago #29815

I might have even missed something on this website about it.

Re:NC still is under last years harvest regulations for national forest. 9 years 7 months ago #29816

LJ125,
I searched for days and days on their website and I could never find anything. I had wanted to try Madison County since it is close to where I hunt in Tennessee. One day I finally found it. It was 5 days too late to be eligible to apply for a permit. I called their office and asked them if there was any chance. They said they had already closed down the site to apply to. Bummer! They don't seem to want to make it very accessible to the public.

Hugh

Re:NC still is under last years harvest regulations for national forest. 9 years 7 months ago #29817

I'm not happy right now.

Re:NC still is under last years harvest regulations for national forest. 9 years 7 months ago #29823

Unfortunately, The {CONSERVATION MOVEMENT }In the state of NC is out of control. Do not get me wrong Conservation is a good thing. However if they would change the laws and not allow Roots younger than 15 years to be sold it would help things . In the future any way. Most of the older large amount of seed producers are gone. I have noticed that a 3 prong 12 year old plant in this area will only make 3 berry's at the most a year. some 25+ year old plants make many more. That is with seeds that came from out of state and have never been fertilized in any way. If they changed the laws it would only leave us die hard hunters,That do it for enjoyment more than the money. Still hunting.As well as increase the value of what was collected.Poachers dig anything.Buyers apparently buy about anything as log as they can sell it. Just my 2 cents worth,don't mean to step on any toes.

Re:NC still is under last years harvest regulations for national forest. 9 years 7 months ago #29827

This law will not regulate poachers, just us honest harvesters. Well I guess they have good intentions in mind but just couldn't figure out a better way to regulate it.

Re:NC still is under last years harvest regulations for national forest. 9 years 7 months ago #29828

Re:NC still is under last years harvest regulations for national forest. 9 years 7 months ago #29856

I wanted to hunt in Pisgah in Madison county this season and thought I would just buy a permit and get out there. I called the Appalachian District office and was told that for the last two years they have been holding a lottery with (I think she said) only 26 permits for the district. Also, the $40 permit allows the holder to dig only 1 lb. of wet sang. What's worse is that I was told the lottery thing was over for this year. SOL! Oh well, I enjoy hunting on private land--with permission of course.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 518 guests and no members online

Login