2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Great day today got me a hog today too

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30293

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30295

Attachments:

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30297

Attachments:

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30298

Attachments:

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30299

Attachments:

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30309

man that's sum pretty sang ur digging bro/keep it up!

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30310

Dang Hobler, are you feeding those roots steroids? LOL!! Congrats on some more hogs! What's up for tomorrow, some Water Buffalo?? LOL!!

Frank

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30319

Frank ur to funny lol
This is the same area my partner n I found the big patch last yr just back in farther. Some nice old shang in there. Can't wait to go back lots more in there. The dirt there is black as the ace of spades.

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30320

Hobler666shang wrote:

Frank ur to funny lol
This is the same area my partner n I found the big patch last yr just back in farther. Some nice old shang in there. Can't wait to go back lots more in there. The dirt there is black as the ace of spades.

Good luck! Don't forget to look a little higher. You never know when you might actually stumble upon a big 6, 7 or 8 prong and you can't be always looking a the first 2 feet above the ground. Think waist high and possibly higher and I am not kidding. The biggest 8 prong that I dug when I was 17 years old from the famed hollow and ridges that I have written much about, was over 6 feet tall and the other 8 prongs and most of the 7 prongs that me and my friend Jess dug, stood 4 to 5 feet tall. Most folks will never recognize them as Ginseng because the real big boys (or would you call them big ladies), look like small trees.

Frank

Re:Great day today got me a hog today too 9 years 7 months ago #30342

One almost got by me this morning like that, though not quite as large a the behemoths you describe, Huntsman53. Saw a couple two-prongs about a foot high, and at my waist(I'm 6'4\"), was a berry pod and it was attached to the largest root I have dug in my extensive 3-year sangin career. Lol. What a beauty. The top was just over 30\" high, the pod was a few inches above that and the root was definitely at least an ounce. They do resemble a small tree or shrub when they reach that size.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

Who's Online

We have 316 guests and no members online

Login