2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Billy

Re:Billy 14 years 4 weeks ago #3399

Nice lookin deer guys. Does sengin make you better hunters????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Billy 14 years 4 weeks ago #3402

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I think it does 5prong because all the whyll im senging I also notice areas of deer movement and tracking signs etc. sometimes learnng good new places for further scouting of deer herd.

Re:Billy 14 years 3 weeks ago #3417

I agree Billy, and shroomin makes me a better senger. Keeps the eyes sharp and occasionally find some sang while I'm shroomin and I don't forget come fall. But honestly It's hard to spot one thing when you are lookin for another. Bet i've walked by bushells of seng while lookin for mushrooms. I spotted 4 really nice seng plants while shroomin last spring and suddenly found myself lookin for sang instead of shrooms. I couldn't find another one until..... I went back in the fall and found quite a bit. Still scratchin my head over that. I don't know if I just didn't see it or if it hadn't popped out of the ground yet. Over the years I've noticed that the seng sprouts around the 5th-7th of May in my local area.Oh well, just rambling now. Good luck finding them morrels.

Re:Billy 14 years 3 weeks ago #3422

I think anytime in the woods will make you a better seng hunter...fish are biting here ,get some crappie and catfish.... ...crappie are starting to pick up too... ...caught a water dog the other day... ...been eating some crappie too...

Re:Billy 14 years 3 weeks ago #3423

Looks great guys, congrats! Chief do you catch alot of those water dogs? I have never seen one here and I have done ALOT of looking. Cool critters for sure. Did you catch it while catfishing?

Re:Billy 14 years 3 weeks ago #3424

caught a dozen or so this spring..they quit biting after the water warms up ...yes I was catfishing caught them on shad guts.....

Re:Billy 14 years 3 weeks ago #3425

What types of waters are you catching them all in? I've grown up chasing critters in quite a few states. That's one animal I have never found/caught, and like I mentioned. It's not due to lack of trying. Had some friends tell me they caught a bunch of them one year in a creek. Next day I was there with a siene and tried my best to come up with at least one. No such luck though. Did end up catching numerous fish species, turtles, newts, salamanders, etc.. Did you guys get alot of rain over that way ?

Re:Billy 14 years 2 weeks ago #3426

catching the dogs in a small river here at home IT might be 40 yards wide...I like seeing them in our river .they are a sentinel spieces.it takes a fairly healthy system to support these critters..... ...I'v seen them up to 30 inches long...

Re:Billy 14 years 2 weeks ago #3427

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
We have them here but that is by far the largest water dogs i have ever saw Cheif...

Re:Billy 14 years 2 weeks ago #3429

I've caught a few out of a local lake while catfishin, but nothing bigger than 10-12 inches. I've heard them called waterdogs and also mudd puppies.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 531 guests and no members online

Login