2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Discouraged

Discouraged 9 years 6 months ago #32468

My first ginseng hunt was quite a let down this year. I had no trouble identifying the plant, the first location I thought would produce turned out to be precisely where I started finding some old mature plants, most had anywhere from 15-25 and more bud scars but the few plants I was able to find only had 3 prongs. As my hunt continued I happened upon a fresh hole in the ground. As I kneeled down and looked more closely I found a shriveled up ginseng plant laying on the ground. All that was left were new sprouts about an inch tall. As I followed what seemed to be a deer path on the north facing mountain I found more evidence of what could only have been a poacher. My heart sunk, my ginseng hunt on my own property couldn't even produce one fourth of a pound of what should have been an easy couple pounds of seng.

I just can't believe people can be so ruthless and dis-respectful as to trespass and harvest the resources off someone else's land. It's dis-heartening of the thought of someone else stealing from me or even anyone else.

People, please be respectful of others and only dig where you have the landowners permission. One person ruined my first ginseng hunt because of their own selfishness.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Discouraged 9 years 6 months ago #32559

It happens so much it is really unbelievable. So sad. I'm sorry to read about your bad luck.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds

Who's Online

We have 656 guests and no members online

Login