2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #32596

been wondering about u billy. looks like ky is still producing for u guys. next year I'm coming up and finding n
me sum! LOL look forward to more from the bell county mtns, soon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #32607

whikle I think about how bout a video for those of us who can't wait for u to update ur site? LOL!!

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #32617

Good to hear from you Billy.

I have been wondering about you too... figured you were just extra busy.

I wanted to give you and (those here a update on the root you sent me with a 5 prong top).

The first year it came up a 5 prong, but each year since then it came up a nice 4.

I guess it just needs some Mountain soil and sunshine to reach it's full potential.

It was a real beauty this year.. but the location it was in is quite a ways from my house so I don't get to check on it all that often.

It was a big stout 4 and had a nice wad of berries and I planted every one of them.

Some property down near the area that I had it planted changed hands this year (new owner) and that had me a little worried about it being safe down there where I could not keep an eye on it. So this fall after planting the red berries, I carefully dug it up, and transplanted it to my seed producing bed. It will be right next to that big 4 in the front next year (the one that always has the extra tall berry stem). Now there should be 2 there with extra tall berry stems next year.

Below is a pic of the root that I got as I was getting ready to replant it.

I believe it has grown some the past 3 years.

PS... as always great looking seng you guys are finding. That was a nice long neck there that your brother found.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #32641

been listening for barking all season then out of the blue bawwl turned it was two guys copying billy my sons been posting to your face book all year look forward to more pic.s soon

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #32761

Nice roots there Billy! Continued success this season.

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #33014

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thanks guys for all of the comments. I am glad to come over and share a few photos of the season. TNhunter thanks for sharing the information on the 5 prong top. That is neat how it has done. I think the soil is fine as I to am sure that it has gained size. I used to wonder often if a 5 prong would remain a 5 prong and so forth and I have now learned from this top and 2 others that they can change from year to year.

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #33015

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
September 5th

Me and my oldest Son L. Bill comes into the best dig of our lives. I never thought that there was a wild patch as this one any more. Older people who have gone now told me of such mature patches, but to find one in this day and time was a most welcome blessing.

The patch held 13 1/2 pounds and all of these where mature 3 prongs and 4 prongs with a few rare plants like a double top a 5 prong and a double berry pod.

If we had dug the smaller three prongs (we didn't) and bigger 2 prongs (we didn't) I am sure the patch held 15+ pounds in an area no bigger than 3 school buses sitting side by side. The one thing that surprised me is the largest root was just under 6 ounces. I would have thought to find a 10+ oz root in there.

Thanks to the Lord for this. I never expect to see that again, but I am sure thankful for the time that I did see it.

Billy.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #33016

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Bill is now out of Collage after 5 years and is my Business Pardoner. His wife is pregnant and they are expecting there first child in a few months seems unreal at times. I am proud of my Son.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #33017

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys there is some Hogs in that Bucket. There was many 2 to 4 oz+ roots and there was not any small root.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season 2014 wih Billy and the boys 9 years 6 months ago #33018

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
~~~ LeT mE hEaR yOu How'll ~~~
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds