2017 Fall/Winter Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out. Order your seed today!
* Ginseng Rootlets: SOLD OUT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 3 years 1 month ago #32829

On one hand I hate digging small roots, always love finding those monster plants, but on the other hand I do like the small, older roots to keep and eat on. They seem to be much more potent than the larger ones. What I found interesting is that the green 3 prong, that looked like it was only a 5-7 year old plant, is the one that had the 32 year old root attached. Funny how the tops can fool you sometimes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 3 years 1 month ago #32839

Love those older bulb roots.

I would not sell that older one that has been eaten on... I would keep that baby and eat it myself. Nice.

Glad you are still finding a few.

I did my last hunt this morning... walked out 5 hollows where I should have found 100 roots or more... and only found 5 still standing.

Here in my area, those heavy rains this week, took what was left and put it down and out for the year.

Looks like you may be a week or so behind me on them going down. Get em while you can.

TNhunter

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 3 years 1 month ago #32851

Thanks TN, sorry to hear it may be over for you. I got out again yesterday evening and dug about 4-5 ounces of good, old, bulby roots. Most around 12-20 years old. It's not much but still fun just being in the woods for a while. I found some small patches yesterday where there would be 1-2 yellow ones laying on the ground and one green as can be standing straight up right beside them.

Re:Mid - West TN Seng still up anywhere 3 years 1 month ago #32858

Some small ones I found yesterday that I'm gonna let grow a few more years. I found it interesting that some were yellow and laying down with one green as can be and standing strong all right beside each other.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Who's Online

We have 462 guests and one member online